A Night Out and A Day In

We start off a little bit after the last chapter. Ben, Toshinori, and Professor Paradox are standing in the middle of an abandoned factory.

Ben: "So, mind telling us what's going on here?"

Paradox: "Of course, Benjamin. I'll tell you my story in a way you can understand, with a beginning, middle, and end." He takes out his hand-held clock and it starts to glow a bright blue. "We'll start in the middle."

The light intensifies, but when it subsides both Ben and Toshinori see they appear to be in a lab. In the lab are two men in lab coats, one had brown hair and the other was ginger. They both also wore the same green pairs of goggles.

A little ways away, a large machine can be seen. It appears to be powered by quartz.

Paradox: "This is the place where me and my assistant use to run our experiments

Paradox: "This is the place where me and my assistant use to run our experiments. At this time, I had a new theory. A time tunnel utilizing the properties I discovered in quartz crystals, which would allow us access to past and future events."

Ben: "I found those too. That's why I put a large piece of quartz into my device."

The two scientists activate the machine, and a portal opens up in the center. It is the same light blue color that Ben's portal was. The portal begins to become unstable, and everything around the two scientists is pulled into the portal. The ginger haired scientist is the first one gone, but the brown haired one, Professor Paradox, is holding on for dear life.

Toshinori: "What happened?"

Paradox: "Some minor miscalculation on my part destabilized my experiment, and ripped a hole in the fabric of reality."

Ben: "Yeah, that's never good."

The past Paradox is sucked into the portal, and he is then pulled into the even horizon, which looks like a blue black hole.

Paradox: "I was pulled into the even horizon." The past Paradox is surrounded by large clocks in a black void. "I must've spent one hundred thousand years in there. I didn't age, or need to eat, or sleep. Just exist."

The past Paradox is hurled into a multicolored void, where all the colors of the rainbow were flashing in his face.

Toshinori: "I would've gone mad in a place like that."

Paradox: "I actually did grow mad. But after a millennia of being in there, I became sane again. Very sane."

The past Paradox is surrounded by a multitude of equations, with neither Ben nor Toshinori able to understand them.

Paradox: "I began to learn. I now have total understanding of the space time continuum." He closes his clock, ending the vision to the past. "This allows me to travel anywhere, and anywhen I want. Within reason."

Ben: "And let me guess, you're here to warn me about the consequences dealing with time travel and traveling to alternate universes."

Paradox: "Exactly, my boy." He approaches Ben, kneeling down to his level. "Even the smallest footprint, or a light tap, could change the trajectory of the timeline. Whether it's this one, or another universe's." He stands back up to full height. "Luckily, you were smart, and you made sure not to find out too many details about the future."