New and Old Faces: Part 2

We start back where we left off. XLR8 is standing between the army and Vilgax. XLR8 and Vilgax are still glaring at each other. At this point, news helicopters are broadcasting everything. Some news crews have even gotten in pretty close on the ground in order to hear the conversation going on.

XLR8: "Yeah, no shit." He puts his arm up. "Put your weapons down. They wouldn't hurt him anyway."

Despite the fact that they are apprehensive about putting down their weapons, the comply. Vilgax chuckles in amusement.

Vilgax: "Impressive, boy. You managed to earn their trust. A trust deeply misplaced."

XLR8: "You are the last person allowed to talk about trust."

Vilgax: "Maybe so. But at least I don't hide behind a mask of lies."

That is when both of them hear something in the distance. XLR8 dodges back, quickly moving the small army group out of the park. A blur rushes at Vilgax, and a lot of air pressure and a smoke cloud appears the moment the blur makes contact with Vilgax.

Everyone stands in silence as the air pressure dissipates. Once the smoke disappears, we can see that Vilgax has caught All Might's fist. Vilgax is also forcing All Might onto one knee, crushing his hand. The sound of bones beginning to crack can be heard.

Vilgax: "All Might. From what I understand, you're supposed to be the world's greatest hero." He tightness his grip on All Might's fist. "What a disappointment."

All Might: "URGH!" He tries to make Vilgax let go, but is unable to. "LEGION! JUST WHO IS THIS GUY!?"

XLR8: "Well, you know All For One, right?" All Might nods. "This guy is a hundred times worse, and that's being modest."

All Might: "YIKES!"

Vilgax: "Enough!" He crushes All Might's hand further. "I am not here for a discussion, Tennyson. I am here to challenge you."

XLR8: "You don't mean-?"

Vilgax: "Yes. A Conqueror's Challenge." He turns to Psyphon. "Explain the full rules to him."

Psyphon: "Y-Yes, master." He clears his throat. "The Galactic Code of Conduct says that a Conqueror's Challenge is between the greatest warrior of the attacking race and the greatest warrior of the planet under attack. That's Vilgax." He points at XLR8. "And you."

All Might: "WHAT KIND OF LAW IS THAT!?" He continues to try to pry from Vilgax's grip. "THERE IS NO WAY THAT IS TRUE!"

XLR8: "It is, actually. And if I refuse, he has the legal right to destroy the entire planet." He looks up at Vilgax. "What are your terms?"

Vilgax: "I will return after four Earth hours. Our fight shall take place somewhere in this city. And if anyone interferes with this challenge, you and your planet will pay dearly."

XLR8: "Understood." He says dryly. "But I have my own terms. Once I win, you will allow yourself to be detained by the Plumbers."

Vilgax: "Fine. I accept your terms."

Ben: "Good. So, how do I officially accept your challenge? A blood oath? A contract?"

Vilgax: "No. Something simple." He puts his hand out. "A mere handshake."

XLR8 looks at the hand, then back up at Vilgax. XLR8 sighs as he looks back down and goes to grab Vilgax's hand.

Vilgax: "Your real hand, boy."