cold (May + Peter , Irondad)

(day three is muzzled and I personally don't wanna do it so we're using one of the alternate prompts: natural disaster

In which Peter can't thermoregulate when his apartment's power goes out in a blizzard and may has no idea how to handle it. Just read <3)

Last night Queens announced rolling power outtages as a heavy blizzard stressed their power grid.

Temperatures at dipped down to 5°F (-15°C) and were only dropping farther.

Peter and May Parker's power went out in the middle of the night. Peter was comfortably snuggled in his bed and May was also fast asleep in her room. But the power didn't roll back on as promised.

8 hours later Peter and May woke up to their alarms, trying to maintain a schedule despite school being cancelled. And they woke up freezing.

Slowly, very slowly, Peter say up in bed, breathing out shakily. He could see his breath.

He was wearing nothing but his boxers, he'd collapsed in the heated apartment after his early patrol, marinating in the warmth under his blanket and vowing to take a shower the next morning.

There was no showering now. He could feel the cold in his bones as he moved to find a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie, maybe double each of those. Add several pairs of socks and his outfit was complete.

After layering up he went to find his aunt May, who had also just woken up and was pulling on her winter coat. She didn't look happy.

Peter could understand. Being woken up by a piercing cold wasn't very fun at all. He could feel himself shaking as May waved him over.

"Powers out.." she said seriously, "seems like it has been for a little while now. The warm's seeped out. The cell service has gotten buggy.. but the down website says we've been without power for 8 hours already."

"D-didnt they p-promise rolling outages w-wouldn't be for m-more than an h-h-hour?" He stuttered, his jaw clacking uncontrollably as he tried to speak. May put his coat over his shoulders for him to put on.

"I'm wondering if our line got downed somewhere." She said wearily, pulling on a beanie and scarf and then handing one to Peter as well.

"Finish dressing up, I'm gonna grab out some blankets and light some candles, mkay?" She directed calmly. She didn't seem to be shivering too much. Her winter gear was doing good to warm him up.

Peter? Not so much.

Thanks to the spider bite, his bodies thermoregulation had taken on the same as a spider's.

Poor.
Very poor.
He couldn't warm himself off or cool himself down. It was almost like he was cold blooded, relying on his surroundings to be perfect for his temp not to soar or dive.

And right now it was diving.

The coats weren't doing anything. His hands and feet were completely numb.

May knew about his endeavors as spiderman, but she didn't know some of the negative things he faced because of it. Or any of the negative things in his life.

Penis Parker
Flash as a whole
The sheer amount of negative news stories and gossip articles written about spiderman.
How severe his injuries would be if it wasn't for his super-healing.
How bad his thermoregulation was.
How serious this situation was.

She had no clue.

It was finally beginning to set in how cold he really was when he was shaking so badly he could barely pick up a pair of gloves to pull on.