food poisoning (irondad)

Tony and Peter were sitting in the workshop, silently fiddling and working on their own little projects, Friday projecting music quietly from some hidden speakers.

But Tony kept hearing a strange gurgling sound from across the way, where Pete was sitting.

"Still hungry?" Tony asked casually, but watched as Peter shifted awkwardly in his seat and just shot him a quick smile instead before going back to what he was working.

They had gone out to dinner together earlier, but with his enhanced metabolism, Tony wouldn't be surprised if the kid was starving again.

"You know I can get you something else to eat if you're still hungry, it's fine if that steak wasn't enough." Mr. Stark offered again.

Peter looked up to finally speak to him, "I'm okay, really." In fact, he looked a little sweaty and quite pale.

Stark frowned but before he could speak up about it, Peter had turned back to whatever little computer bit he was fiddling with like he didn't really want to talk.

A quick glance was all it took for Tony to understand that his intern turned honorary son wasn't being productive at all. He was lightly tapping a tiny screwdriver on a big screw, but not actually trying to unscrew it. He was zoned out, lost in his thoughts.

"Underoos." He called out, his eyebrows furrowing slightly at the boy's silent state. Usually any chance he got to talk to Stark he was babbling on and on, trying to make the moment last as long as possible.

But Peter just stayed zoned out.

"Pete!" Tony repeated, watching the boy perk up towards him in response to his name. Tony grabbed the right size screwdriver and lightly tossed it to the boy.

Instead of his usual spiderlike reflexes, the screwdriver hit him square in the forehead before toppling down with a clatter. He barely flinched, still seemingly focused on whatever else was on his mind.

But Tony couldn't help but notice how white his face was, nearly green. He looked like he was trembling lightly as he made eye contact with the billionaire.

"Woah- sorry I thought you'd catch it. You okay?" Tony asked.

"Mm.. where's the bathroom?" Peter asked, completely ignoring the question and standing up to immediately go wherever the presumed directions were. He was like a machine, so focused on one input and output it ignored all things it seemed irrelevant.

"Just down the hall to the left." Tony directed, "you okay, bud?" He asked, standing up to follow him.

"My stomach feels really gross." He said nervously, feeling drool pooling in his mouth and shivers being sent up and down his spine. He could feel the pressure of the nausea right at the back of his mouth as he started to breathe a little quicker.

Peter placed a hand over his bloated stomach as Tony placed a hand on his back and began to lead him out of the workshop and towards the closest bathroom.

"Hey, that's okay. You think it's something you had to eat?" Tony asked, mentally checking himself over. He felt great. He was excellent, as per usual.

But Peter couldn't respond as he moved his other hand to his mouth, to nauseous to actually speak as he attempted to cover the half gag his body tried to execute.

Tony could feel the boy tensing under his guiding hand as he twisted the knob to the bathroom door and lead Pete to the toilet. The ill boy immediately knelt in front of it, grabbing it desperately, breathing from his mouth and leaning over, letting drool dribble helplessly over his lips. He was tempted to squeeze his eyes shut just to remove himself from his reality: