merry sickmas! autistic peter / meltdown

(request) (Peter has a meltdown in front of the avengers) context: Peter is autistic, super very sensitive to sensory especially w his spider powers.
-------

Christmas was ALWAYS an overwhelming day, but before now, it had never been this bad.

As per usual, May had to work during the day on Christmas, but instead of going to church in the morning and then going home to spend the day alone, he went to church with May and was dropped off to hang out with the avengers, then set to return home later to celebrate with May as usual.

Problem was, now Peter had no time to decompress. No time to relax after the absolutely overwhelming two hours of church they went through. It was completely overstimulating.

The children crying, the creaky pews, the bright lights, kneeling for way too long, standing for way too long, the smell of incense and the itchy sweater and how hot it was with everyone stuffed inside the church. The cars driving by on the highway outside, the chirp of morning birds, the loose fit of uncle Ben's old dress shoes and how he had to wear two pairs of socks to make them fit. Every heartbeat, every slight shift in a seam of folding, every breath, every cough. The different cologne, perfume, laundry detergent, and diaper brand being used in the church. His sensory issues were bad before the spider bite, but now? They were ten times worse.

By the time Peter got to the tower, he had gone silent and came off grumpy. Any physical touch hurt. His clothes hurt his shoes hurt his socks hurt his hair hurt the seatbelt hurt.

"You okay, Petey?" May asked, glancing over as she navigated the New York traffic to get to the base of the tower.

He wanted to yell at her to stop talking. He didn't know why it aggravated him so much. He just nodded. The tears tugging at his throat didn't help with his overstimulation whatsoever.

He nodded shortly and May got the hint to be quiet.

-----

When Peter stepped into the tower, most of the avengers were there, chatting. There were so many different smells happening, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, air fresheners.

Mr. Stark very quickly found him and patted him on the back. He tensed. He needed to change as quickly as possible, remove one of the controllable sensory problems he was experiencing.

Mr. Stark was talking, but Peter wasn't hearing any of it. He pulled the man away from wherever he was trying to take him and began trekking to his room in the tower instead.

"Where are we going?" Tony asked, following Peter.

"Changing." Peter said shortly, feeling slight relief as the voices and smells from the last room grew slightly less intense.

"You okay?" Tony asked.

Peter just nodded, opening the door to his room.

"Don't be too long alright? We're gonna open presents." Tony said with a smile, "I know you're gonna love your gifts."

Peter faked a smile and then closed the door, immediately tearing off the suit he was wearing and putting on shorts and a T-shirt, no socks.

He felt a lot better not wearing the sweaty suit and took comfort in laying it out on the bed, smoothing out the wrinkles and making sure it was perfect, taking control over something for once before reexposing himself to the chaos out by the Christmas tree.

He thought he would be able to handle it, but getting back out in all the light, sound, and smells, he just wanted to curl up somewhere quiet and fall asleep instead. Immediately he was overstimulated and stressed all over again. He was squished on the couch in between Thor and Tony, two of the most chaotic, unaware people there.