the first day of sickmas: patrol gone wrong

(in which Peter gets tangled in badly installed Christmas lights trying to save someone who fell while putting them up, successfully saving the person but falling 8 stories bc of a broken ankle from the rescue + suffering horrible injuries (concussion) bc of it)

"Woah, sir! I've got you!!" Peter yelled as he swung down to save a man falling from a tall apartment building.

"Hold on tight!" He said as he swung the man to a safe balcony. What he didn't realize, however, was that in the dark under only the light of the surrounding holiday lights, he had gotten his foot tangled in the lights that pulled off the roof when the man fell.

When he went to regrab a web, his tangled foot tugged him back aggressively and he went swinging into the side of the building. His head hit the wall hard, making a thwack as his skull made contact with the brick and he groaned. He was incredibly dizzy and he knew he'd just earned himself a day or two of concussion symptoms. He reached up to feel his head and found blood already matting his hair underneath his mask.

But then it all got worse.

His foot came loose and suddenly he was hurling towards the ground. He tried to orient himself and calmly shot a web, pulling up once it cought, but only flinging himself into a wall again. He couldn't tell where he was.

He didn't stick, but something bruised when he hit and he fell the rest of the way down (8 floors) with his ears ringing.

He landed right on his side felt his breath leave him and just laid there, groaning for a minute, unable to breathe. When he tried to move, he realized he was injured much worse than he originally thought. He couldn't move, not below his shoulders at least.

A searing, jolting pain tore through his ribs. He knew they were broken. His wrist was snapped from crashing into the wall (the second time). He heard some vague yell down to him that might've been "are you okay!?"

He couldn't respond though. He couldn't inhale. He tried and tried but all he could do was make an awkward wheeze.

When he finally gasped in, it hurt. He screamed instinctively. There was something warm and sticky flowing over his lips as his mouth was stuck in a yell. The pavement below him was rough to the touch and he could feel the holes in his suit where his skin has been scraped clean off by the brick.

His screaming ceased into a slight cry. Karen was saying something in his ear and he just couldn't stop wheezing or crying, his whole body was reverbating in pain. His side was bent in on top of his broken ribs. He couldn't take a full breath, his head was pounding, his vision was spinning, and he felt so so so nauseous.

"Bud, Pete, hey can you hear me? Talk to me, kid." Someone said.

Peter couldn't identify what was in front of him.

"It hurts it hurts." He sobbed, his whole chest convulsing instinctively, only pushing him to cry even harder.

"Pete, ok, shhhh, it's ok. Can you sit up?" The person said. It sounded like Mr. Stark. He hoped it was Mr. Stark.  He thought there might be red. And then he saw the glow of the heart. He couldn't find a face but he knew it was there.

"I can't move." He sobbed. He was layed on his side, his head was gushing blood. He felt unconciousness pulling at his vision. He was scared that if he fell asleep he wouldn't wake up. Clearly Mr. Stark was as well.

"Woah, don't fall asleep. Stay awake, bud. Stay awake. An ambulance will be here soon." He comforted, "don't try to move too much, your back is broken."

"I tr- I tried to web." He sobbed, "it hurts. It hu-" he was interrupted by a gag.

Other bystanders had gathered round now. Tony was hovering over Peter, refusing to pick him up and fly him to care when his back was so visibly damaged and the rest of his body was so fragile.

"Holy shit, it's Spider Man."

"Oh my God, someone call 911!"

Mr. Stark kept his focus forward as he leaned down and removed the mask from the bottom half of Peter's face as he gagged again.

"It's ok, bud. It's ok, it's the concussion. I know it hurts." Mr. Stark said as Peter gagged again.

He could hear the ambulance.

A second later there was vomit all over the pavement. A kind stranger swept in and wiped his mouth with a handkerchief.

"It's ok, you're going to be alright." The stranger said. Mr. Stark looked up with teary eyes and nodded at the kind person.

"Can we take his mask off so I can see his pupils? The more information we can give to the paramedics the better. I'm a pediatric surgeon." The stranger said.

Stark glanced back for a minute, then stepped out of his suit and, using his own hand, pulled off the boy's mask.

"Oh my God he's just a kid." Someone in the crowd said.

Stark let a tear roll down his face as the stranger inspected Peter's unfocused and uneven eyes.

"It's bad." He said, "how far did he fall?"

Tony shook his head, "I don't know. I got here because his suit sent me an alert after the fact." He then turned to look up at his suit a couple yards away, "Friday, how far did he fall?"

"He directly fell eight stories, but the whole fall encompassed sixteen floors, sir." Friday responded, "Karen reports that the suit is too damaged to get accurate medical readings, but all information sent before the final breakage was a mild concussion and snapped wrist"

"Jesus." Tony replied.

Peter was really wheezing now. The ambulance was closer.

"Friday, call Cho and Bruce. Tell them to meet me at the hospital." Tony called out to his suit as the ambulance pulled up and he and the suit worked together to help clear a path.

The paramedics were immediately out with a stretcher. Stark was running next to them, "he fell over 8 stories. His back is- it's fucked up. He hit his head real hard. He can't move, but uh-"

"Holy shit it's spiderman." The paramedic interupted, "he's a child, oh my God."

And then his moment was shock was over and he was just any other patient, "hey, bud what's your name?" The paramedic asked, "can you tell me your name?"

"I don't know." He mumbled, taking a wheeze in afterwards.

"Grab the back brace, neck brace, pull out the bedsheets and straps for his wrist!" Another paramedic shouted.

"His name is Peter." Stark answered, his voice shaking. The only light was still from the loose Christmas lights up above.

"Ok Peter, listen up. We're going to lift you slightly so we can splint your back and neck to make sure that nothing gets hurt anymore on the way to the hospital, alright?" The paramedic explained.

Once he was in the ambulance, he was crying in pain, Mr. Stark was squeezing his hand. They inserted an IV and started pain relievers, but the low dose didn't affect Peter at all. He sat in pain the entire ride.

Once they got to the hospital, he was highly fevered as his body tried to fight and heal through his injuries. It was a miracle he hadn't passed out by now.

The second Cho and Bruce were within eyesight, his eyes fluttered shut and he didn't wake up until Christmas day.

------

When Peter woke up, his head was pounding and his mouth was extremely dry. His eyes were blurry and he felt dizzy as all hell.

His heart was racing and there was some beeping that hurt his ears.

And then someone was saying his name, over and over.

"Peter! Peter, he's awake! Peter!"

He asked for water.

And then he we enveloped in hugs from his aunt, his friends, and Mr. Stark. And he could move to hug them back.

"Merry Christmas, Underoos."

-----

This was VERY rushed but uhhhh
🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡
First day of sickmas leave more requests bc I'm creativly burnt out and picky w what I write