/4/ Pilot

The next morning Isla woke up in her own bed, accompanied with an aching headache. She took a quick, still cold, shower, which didn't help with her hangover the way she wished. After she got ready she went back to her bedroom, noticing how it was the only room in the small house that looked somewhat decent.
Letting out a deep groan, she grabbed one of her "painkillers" from her secret stash and walked outside.

About to light the joint in her hand, Isla walked onto her front porch to notice her brother seated in one of the chairs, ironically holding a blunt between his fingers as well.

"Jesus Christ Alan, you scared me."
Isla let out a deep breath, noticing the dark circles underneath his eyes.

"What's up, lil sis?"
He said casually, taking a hit from his joint.

"Shouldn't you be at work?"
She asked, not feeling like small talking.

As impossible as it seemed, Isla's brother did have a job. It wasn't anything too chic of course, just a simple job at the local grocery store, but at least he had money for food and bills whenever Isla was too busy with school to work as well.

"Not for another hour."
Alan shrugged.
"Heard there was a party at the boneyard last night."

"There was."
Isla replied, praying to god her brother didn't know about the fight or the gun.

"Had fun?"
The pale skin on his scrawny body almost lit up in the sun.

"You look like vampire."
The girl scoffed, she hated the way her brother was ruining his life.

"Why are you ignoring me Isla."
His eyes turned dark.

"I don't want to talk to you when you're on drugs."
She shrugged.
"So never, since you're always on drugs."

"You can't judge me holding up that joint, sis."
Alan pointed towards the joint.
He would never admit it, but he truly hoped Isla wouldn't end up like him and face the same struggle with addiction.

"Whatever, I'm leaving."
Isla looked up from the blunt in her hand.
"You should clean the house, it's a fucking mess."

As usual, Isla made her way to the chateau, noticing the others were already there, hanging out in the yard.

"your favorite person's here!"
She announced as she walked towards her friends.

"hey I, you good?"
pope asked, exchanging  their usual handshake.

"always"
She smirked as she sat down next to Kiara and threw away her now finished  joint.

"so, what did you wanna talk about?"
JJ asked as he leaned against some table.

"Oh, we're talking?"
Isla asked, not getting the memo of this supposed 'talk' they were having.

"I uh. I'm calling it off."
John B sighed,
"peterkins said, if I stay out of the marsh she'll help me with DCS"

"and you believe her?"
JJ asked, getting pissed off by John B's idea.

"yes I believe her, JJ"
John B said as if it was the most obvious thing.

"an actual cop John B, you believed a cop."
JJ shook his head in disappointment.

"Not very ACAB of you."
Isla joked, earning a chuckle from Kiara

"all I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out. and it doesn't help that your ass was shooting the gun"
John B explained.

"you know what I should've done? Just let topper drown your ass."
JJ replied.
Isla's jaw dropped at his comment, starting to feel the heat between the two best friends.