/30/ Homecoming

After a brief reunion and getting rid of the men behind them by biking on full speed, the complete Pogue squad arrived at this boat John B and Sarah stole from back at the Bahamas. The drive home was the best boat ride any of them ever experienced.

Happiness flew around as well as the wind around them in the boat. Everyone managed to greet each other properly by now, all of them just sat in the wind, smiles never leaving their faces during the entire ride back to the Outerbanks.

John B and Sarah shared their experiences, of how they were getting shot at by Rafe, how Sarah almost died, and how this girl named Cleo helped the two of them escape from the Bahamas.

JJ, Pope, Kiara and Isla shared their events of the past weeks as well, they told them all about the little funeral they had for their friends, how Ward killed Gavin, and how Rafe almost killed Isla down in the sewers.

It felt like they hadn't seen each other in forever, yet, it also felt like they never left each other's sides at the same time.

"Anyone else starving? We need to grab some sort of breakfast."
JJ spoke up that morning while they drove through the tides.

"Yeah, we should probably stop over there, find some food."
Isla agreed, pointing towards a dock nearby.

Isla, Sarah and Kiara agreed to find them some food while the boys stayed to watch the boat, finally having some time to catch up with just them girls.

"Jackpot!"
Kiara groaned, holding up a huge watermelon she found, causing the other girls to cheer in excitement.

"Are we sharing it?"
Isla asked, referring to the boys who were waiting on them, but both girl snorted in reply.

"No way."
Sarah chuckled, earning a knowing smirk from Kiara.

After spending all of their time and energy into breaking the fruit in half, the three girls sat on a bench, enjoying the sweetness of the fruit while carving into it like a bunch of rats.

"Okay, so, you really got married."
Kiara brought up, shocking Isla who sat up straight, watching Sarah in pure disbelief.

"No way."
She muttered, her mouth full of watermelon.

"Yes way."
Sarah giggled.
"It wasn't exactly legal, but...yeah."

Isla could tell Sarah was deeply in love with John B, it was all over her face, and she also knew John B felt the absolute same. She's never seen two people be this in love before.

"Am I crazy or is there definitely something going on between you and Pope?"
Sarah asked while looking at Kie, who started blushing immediately.

"Maybe."
Kiara shrugged, a slight smile on her face.

"That's not a no."
Sarah smiled, grabbing another bite of the fruit.

"It's a yes. They're smitten."
Isla teased, earning a chuckle from Sarah.

"It's not a no."
Kiara replied with a mysterious shrug, earning smiles from both her friends.

"How about you?"
Sarah asked while turning towards Isla.
"How are you and JJ?"

Isla immediately felt the blush hit her cheeks, the Maybank boy always seemed to have that effect on her whenever he was mentioned to her.

"Good."
She replied, a cheeky smile forming on her lips.

"If anyone's smitten, it's Isla."
Kiara teased, bouncing the girl's comment back to her.