/26/ The Heist

The next morning Isla woke up comfortably laying in JJ's arms. She looked at him with a smile as the sunlight hit his face, glowing on his golden hair.

"J, wake up."
She whispered, softly playing with his hair.

The boy started to rummage before slowly opening his eyes with a loud sigh. A smiled formed on his eyes when he noticed Isla sitting next to him, wearing just his shirt and nothing else.

"Well this is a nice way to wake up."
He smirked while sitting up straight, grabbing the girl by the waist and placing her on his lap, kissing her on the lips.

Just when she was about to give in, completely ignoring their morning breath, JJ started to tickle her in the sides, causing her to burst out laughing.

"Okay JJ, stop it!"
She giggled, pulling his hands off of her.
"We need to go."

"But I don't want to go."
JJ pouted, placing his hands on her hips while she sat on top of him.

"Me neither, but we have to."
Isla kissed his nose with a bright smile.
"Just go take a shower and I'll make us some breakfast."

"Breakfast? With which food?"
The boy quirked his eyebrow with a chuckle, remembering her empty fridge from the day before.

"I got some waffles in the freezer."
She shrugged, earning a satisfied smile from the boy.

"Waffles sounds good."
He confirmed.

"I'll get them ready, you go shower, you stink."
She teased while standing up, scrunching up her nose.

After enjoying their plain waffles and getting showered and ready, the couple went to meet their other two friends at the sewers, ready to find the murder weapon.

"This is the north drain, it should've gotten washed into the gully. So if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to like, somewhere in this trash."
JJ explained to his friends, weirdly knowing a lot about the sewers.

Isla's eyes fell into the pile of trash JJ was motioning towards, scrunching her nose in disgust.
"Please tell me we don't have to dig through trash"

"We have no choice, princess."
JJ replied with a shrug, already picking up some random pieces of plastic.

"Oh my god, people who use plastic should get shot."
Kiara commented when she noticed the big piles of plastic lying around, Isla nodded at her in agreement while JJ scoffed.

"Okay, personally, I love plastic. Use it every day, love that stuff."
He told them.

"Okay well hopefully you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean."
Kiara snapped, annoyed by his comment.

"You really think JJ recycles?"
Isla scoffed while shaking her head, knowing her boyfriend was a scumbag.

" I thought you'd say something like that, so I bought trash bags."
Pope smiled, holding up the trash bags.

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?"
Kiara asked him with a proud smile.

"Maybe"
Pope replied shyly.

"You want us to leave you two alone or what's going on?"
JJ interrupted his friends who were busy staring at each other, receiving an elbow in his side from Isla, who didn't want their moment to be interrupted.

"Just pick up the trash."
Pope replied, throwing the roll of trash-bags towards his friend.

They spent the next thirty minutes doing exactly as Pope told them, picking up the trash one by one, coming across the grossest and most unusual things.