/11/ Midsummers

"JJ?"
Isla asked while walking out of her house to see the blonde in front of her porch with his dirtbike.

"Omygosh JJ!"
She gasped, relieved at the fact that he was standing in front of her and not rotting in jail.
She ran towards him and threw her arms around his neck to hug him tight.

When she let go she finally looked at him and gasped at the sight of his face. He was even more bruised then he was before, multiple scars, bruises and wounds covered his face. Isla figured this definitely wasn't from the fight with the kooks.

"Holy shit J, what happen? Did your dad do this to you?"
I asked studying his face, she knew his dad was a dick and wasn't afraid to use his hands now and then, but this was worse than she's ever seen.

"It's nothing I."
JJ said shrugging, not wanting her to be worried.

"Yes it is! Now did your dad do this to you?"
I asked again, wanting him to answer him.

"Isla I don't wanna talk about it alright? I came here to see you. Not to be taken care of."
JJ said honestly, The just nodded at him, She knew he wasn't gonna talk, he never talked about it. Whenever she tried he just cut her off, not seeking sympathy, so no matter how bad she felt seeing him like this, she let it go, knowing that's what he wanted.

"So, how are you?"
Isla asked, changing the subject.

"I'm fine I guess, I have to pay 30K tho, and the sheriff said I might end up in jail."
JJ explained.

"Well shit J."
Isla sighed, running her hands trough her hair.

"I know."
He sighed.

"Hey listen, I can't stay, cause I think JB's being watched since there was this car parked on front of his house when I drove past it. So I gotta warn him about that. I'll do that and then we'll pick you up with the pogue alright?"
JJ rambled while looking at her, he just wanted to see her.

"Yeah, alright, that's fine."
Isla smiled softly.

He nodded at her and got back on his bike, giving her one more smile in return before he drove away.

A little while later Isla was sitting on the dock behind her house, waiting for the boys to pick her up. She looked around and saw the little boat was coming her way, causing her to stand up with a smile and a wave.

"Hello my love."
JJ greeted in a fake accent.

"Hey guys."
Isla smiled and hoped into the boat.

"So, where are we going?"
She asked as they were driving trough the water.

"Somewhere hidden I guess."
JJ responded, making Isla nod.

And he was right, they really went somewhere hidden. The three of them sat on some old broken wall in peace. While JJ explained the events of yesterday, since John B wasn't here for an unknown reason.

"First, I almost get strangled to death by kooks, and now I'm on the hook for 30 grand, we should just dip."
JJ explained frustrated.

"Okay, where do you wanna go? Hm?"
John B asked unamused.

"Yucatan."
JJ answered, making Isla laugh a bit at the random suggestion.

"Yucatan?"
She asked suprised.

"I'm dead serious right now, surf all day, and then we can just live off lobsters we catch with our bare hands."
JJ explained.

"You just wanna leave cause you got your ass beat?"
John B asked.

Isla actually understood why JJ wanted to leave, he had literally nothing but a lot of shit at the Outerbanks, If it wasn't for his friends, he would be long gone.