/5/ The lucky compass

After spending his night wide awake, overthinking about the compass and his dad, John B decided to research a bit more.
Isla once again spent the night on his couch, not feeling like running into her brother. When she noticed John B leaving, she insisted to go with him, even though she was feeling extremely tired, her friend constant moving around the house with the compass kept her awake for most of the night as well.

The two of them drove off in the Twinkie on their way to pick up JJ. John B was driving the vehicle while Isla was taking a nap in the back, needing the energy for the brand new adventure they were about to enter.

Isla woke up by the sound of the two boys talking, noticing JJ was now in the van as well, seated in the passenger seat.

"I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with kiara, she clearly likes you."
JJ told his friend, not aware of Isla listening along to her conversation.
"she's like; 'oh John B'"
He mimicked Kiara again.

"is that what she does?"
John B asked with an unamused smile.

"she's sketching about you diving and then she kisses you bro"
JJ exaggerated.

"she kissed me on the cheek, it's not like we were making out or something"
John B replied.

Isla silently laughed at their stupid argument, reminding herself to talk about the matter with Kiara soon.

"low hanging fruit bro, don't pretend like you don't notice. I see it in your eyes you're like 'I kinda like that'and then you start blushing and shit."
JJ told him, earning a scoff from John B.

"oh yeah? then what about Isla?"
He teased, wiggling his eyebrows at his best friend.

"what about her?"
JJ shrugged, pretending to have no idea what John B was hinting to.

"you guys are all over each other, it's like you're glued to each other."
John B said, making Isla slightly uncomfortable.

"can you blame us tho, we're both stupid hot. Hot people stick together you know"
JJ explained, confirming to Isla that they weren't aware she had woken up by now.

"really?"
John B asked laughing, amazed by JJ's delusion.
"so you're into her?"

Isla's eyes grew big in surprise, not expecting this question, but she was too invested to interrupt him.

"I mean who isn't? Have you seen her? She's absolutely smoking, both her body and her face. If it weren't for that stupid rule I already smashed that like 5 times"
JJ confessed, leaving Isla in absolute shock, trying her hardest not to laugh at his stupidity.

"okay so you like her looks, but do you like her? as a person? cause girls have a personality too you know."
John B replied, digging deeper into JJ's feelings.

"yeah man, she's like everything a guy needs, she's funny, kind, smokes a shit ton of weed, she's like the life of the party, a wet dream for every teenage boy."
JJ said as he counted on his fingers.

"thanks JJ"
Isla finally decided to speak up, feeling uncomfortable to listen to any more of their conversation.

"Oh look, Isla's awake."
John B commented with an evil smirk on his face.

"You heard all that?!"
JJ turned around in shock, realizing he probably should've thought before speaking up.
"well shit."

"Indeed I did. You're very sweet JJ, it's always nice to know that I have such a good body, now I can happily cover up whenever I walk around old men."
Isla smiled sarcastically while giving him a tap on the shoulder.