Native

"So you saw Swire again. If Ch'en and Hoshiguma were there as well, I feel that would be a hell of a trio to be with." Mr. Apollo asked me.

"No, it was just Ms. Swire although she did tell me that she was originally going to come with a partner, but I can't remember their name sadly." I replied as I scramble my mind for it.

"Oh that's no good, you should always remember people and things names. After all the name of someone or something carries a lot of power to it, perhaps it could bring something unknown out of it." Mr. Apollo explained as he took a sucker out his pocket. "You of all people would know how much power a name has."

While Mr. Apollo's eyes looked as soft as ever, for some reason I feel as if he can see right through me. He is seeing aspects of me that I likely don't even know exist.

"Is that why you make sure to teach us the different meanings of words when you teach us magecraft?" I asked as I tilted my head.

"That's part of it, but the larger thing is that remembering the names of things proves they exist. For example if you weren't named Marth then how would people remember you?" He asked as he changed his sucker for another one, the speed at which goes through them makes me wonder how he always has another one ready.

"There is a simple reason as to why, I don't want anyone to be forgotten to time. Simply knowing their name is important. You might not have to in this case since if anyone knows Swire they likely are a bigwig in Lungmen." Mr. Apollo said. "But I talked for long enough, continue."

"Not much happened for many of the days, all I really did was follow Ms. Closure and Ms. Warfrain's instructions, but I did make a friend."

As if the god called him, Mr. Apollo quickly rose to his feet bumping into the table that was between us. He rose so fast even as someone has gotten used to his over the top actions startled me. He fell to his knees before hunching over.

"My god, they grow up so fast. I feel like it was only yesterday that I found you in Lungmen at death's door, now here you are making friends on your own. Next thing I know you have a boyfriend or girlfriend. I feel old again." He said as he gently pounded his fist on the floor, tears flowing down his cheeks.

I didn't know how to comfort him, Mr. Apollo has always been an emotional person. I remember someone even telling me how Mr. Apollo expresses so much emotion that he makes up for the both of us.

"Uh, uh. Mr. ApollotheresnoneedtoworryIt'sonlyafriendandnothingmore." I rushed out.

"Either way, I'm glad you are doing well. So who's this friend?".

As if what happened at the last minute didn't happen, Mr. Apollo was next to me with a calm, joyful expression. It was so sudden that it truly felt as if the world was turned on its head. I could only rub my head.

"Oh, well she is from Rhine Lab and she approached our group. She was very welcoming, she didn't really care that I was a Sarkaz as well. Alyssa was a great person to talk to." I explained.

"That's good, anything else? Perhaps that attack occurred during your stay?" Mr. Apollo asked.

My eyes widened when he asked. "How do you know? Did one of the others tell you already?" I asked

"Two reasons. Firstly, while Terra doesn't have international news that travels across the world with some tinkering, I managed to connect to the news of Columbia without giving them a dollar. The other was that stone of yours, the teal one." He said as he pointed at me.

"Then do you know who that child and person in the armor was, or what that snowy wasteland was?" I wanted to understand more about what happened.

"Oh, there was snow there? Interesting. Well sorry but I don't know nor will I answer any of your questions regarding that place nor the people you meant. I can't hand hold you forever can I?" Mr. Apollo said as a small smirk creeped on his face.