Deals

The crackling of the burning wood resonated throughout the room as it was the only other source of light within Enciodes room, he sat there looking at his watch as he was waiting for a special guest to arrive. His eyes begin wandering around the room he has considered his office. Various pieces of art left behind by his father, his grandfather and all former heads of the Silverash family.

The other thing Encidoes can say that has stayed within this office across the generations was the original painting of the family insignia, from centuries if not longer past. It has been the one thread connecting the past, the present and likely the future of the family. It was there when he came into power and it will be there when he gives it up.

He reached and grasped the drink on his desk, with a smooth motion he took a small sip of the drink as he felt the temperature of his body rise as it went through his system. Soon a knock came from his door.

"Lord, Silverash, I brought the guest."

"Come in."

From the doorway was his uncle who doubled as his butler, along with his partner in crime. His upper chest wrapped like a mummy, the fireplace lighting his face as if the hero of a book came to save the day or the villain making his grand entrance.

"This is a mighty fine office you have here, I can feel the age of this room. Feel like I'm about to land on some great yet unfounded wisdom." Apollo said as he took a seat crossing his legs in the process.

A comfortable silence landed on the two as the crackling of the fireplace filled the air. Encidoes pulls out his favorite hobby, from below his desk he pulls a glass box. A checkered board with various pieces on top was clear to Apollo, a chess board.

Without exchanging words Encidoes and Apollo set up the chess board, Apollo grabbed the piece of pure black glass. It's shade of black so dark that not even the light of the fireplace reflected off it.

"With everything finished and behind us, I think it's only fair that I say my thanks for this mission, Apollo." Encidoes said as he looked at the neutral state of the board.

"It was nothing, but I will say I was hoping that with the stage being set for you that I could ask for a favor in return, some information." Apollo said as he thought of a move. "The falling object from the sky, what are they?"

Encidoes looked at Apollo, staring into his eyes. Apollo's eyes have a contradictory gaze to them, both of them having an empty look to them but Encidoes couldn't shake the idea that Apollo is more than he lets on.

"I must apologize but I don't know what yo-"

"Don't lie to me Enciodes, I wish to build a sense of trust between us. I was informed about the objects from the sky from one of the old saintesses." Apollo said as he turned his gaze not at Enciodes but the window behind them.

Enciodes rested his hand on his chin, running all of the possible outcomes with Apollo. Some ending in tragedy, others in neutrality, however if things go well borderline perfectly then Enciodes could only imagine how well things could go.

'Having someone like Apollo on my side could be used as another source of information, information that I likely wouldn't have access to due to my standing. Nobility has many perks but it comes with some downsides as well. Additionally his arts are rather interesting, the use of curses reminds me of the way some Sarkaz fights.' Enciodes thoughts to himself as he reaches a decision.

"I do wish to form a bond so I'll tell you what I know." Enciodes said as he looked out the window, his gaze taking in the various stars in the sky. "It happened a few months ago but randomly one night, many objects fell from the sky. At first I thought they were just shooting stars but it was very clear that wasn't the case. To make a long story short they were scattered across the nation. Gladly none of them landed in populated areas.