The End of it All

For the first time this entire mission the wind was quiet, soundless breezes of wind causing everyone's hair to flow side to side gently.

Alice clutched her weapon as tightly as she could, her shaking eyes and trembling lips was all that was needed for everyone to understand.

Marth was splitting her focus between the Hiker and her spell having it ready for the fight about to happen, her eyes narrowing on him.

Lappland was the only one filled with excitement, happy that she is going to have her rematch with the Hiker. Lappland doesn't take pride in a lot of things but an insult to her combat ability is something she'll let very few people walk away with.

However to both Alice and Lappland, those experienced in combat they both reached the same conclusion.

Something was wrong, something here was very wrong. Their left arm was shattered into ice, the wound and blood still being fresh. A deep slash staining his black attire in red. The sword he used was a few feet away with a patch of snow stained in red close to it.

Yet the Hiker being the most vulnerable they've ever been seemed unbothered. As mentioned before none of the women felt anything from the Hiker. No anger from losing their arm, No sadness at the failure of their plan, there was nothing.

"Marth covers Lappland and I. We'll go in and engage in close quarters combat." Alice whispered under her breath. "Lappland, this time don't get laid out too quickly like before. Unlike you I have people I wish to see after today."

"Shut up, that was a one time thing." Lappland steps in front of Alice. Wielding her twin blades as it hums with arts. Its soft purple glow that was pleasing to the eyes coated both blades.

Wanting to end this quickly and relying on their speed, Lappland blitzed Apollo. Covering meters at a time. The soft hum of her sword cracked with lighting as she slashed her blade sending a cut of lighting while following close behind it.

Apollo did the left but to his side was Lappland putting him in a hard spot.

Lappland swung both her blades on Apollo, the sound crackling bounced in Apollo's ear as he dodged by leaning far back while twisting their body.

He dropped his sword and clenched his fist using the momentum of his body, he quickly rose up and landed a clean punch onto Lappland, sending her down to the ground. Wanting to keep her down, Apollo slammed his foot onto her back. He raised his sword off the ground and without any theatrics he stabbed Lappland in the stomach.

Marth and Alice could do nothing as the confrontation just like before took mere moments. The neutral aura around Apollo never went away as he slowly closed the gap, sword in hand.

Alice readied her sword while Marth put some distance behind her getting another spell ready.

Apollo quickened his pace from a walk to a job to a sprint as snow kicked up like a snowplow. To Alice and Marth it was like an avalanche was moving towards them seeing their wellbeing as nothing.

Alice dug her sword into the snow, like a golfer hitting a ball sent the chucks of snow flying towards Apollo, due to her skill with her arts on the brief contact with the snow. Alice lowered the temperature of her blade enough to freeze the small amounts of water within the snow into ice. Creating small sharp daggers of ice within the snow believing Apollo wouldn't dodge.

Apollo who's brain at this point has been rotted to make his higher form instincts failed him. He didn't block anything, he tanked each shard and pushed himself.

He reached his arm out and gripped Alice's head like a beachball, he lifted her up like a paperweight while returning her hateful glare with a stare of pure neutrality. Like a pitcher he tossed Alice towards Marth causing the two to collide.