Tragic beginnings

"Sarkaz horns? Interesting, she must have been using art, yet I didn't sense anything." Axel said.

"I didn't feel anything either but it's perhaps due to my natural ability to see through illusion based arts that allowed me to see something." Alice said.

Axel returns to his desk, taking a seat into his chair. He dug into his desk and pulled out a stack of papers.

On the top sheet was a sketch of a large black pyramid. On each page showed a different side of the pyramid along with its dimensions of 15 meters wide and 5 meters high, below it were notes of observations made over the months.

"The appearance of large objects of unknown origin, the sudden attack of our men and now the arrival of sarkaz and outsiders. " Axel said as he flipped through the pages with a fine comb. "I'll go to our researchers to see if they have any more information on this object, I'm not going to burden you with all the work."

"Lord Axel, I can manage the researchers too. I'm sure you have other important matters to attend to. I can han-" Alice said.

Axel raised his palm causing Alice to stop talking. "A leader who pushes everything to his subjects, is no leader. That's my philosophy, and I will follow that. Understood?" Axel said with his authority all so present in his voice.

Alice, understanding it's a losing battle, could do nothing but nod her head.

"Good, now you are dismissed." Axel said as he made his way towards the door and left.

As Axel makes his way down the hall, he grabs out of the stack of papers a letter. A letter from Enciodes Silverash himself.

"Lord Axel, I do wish that life has been favorable towards you and your subjects in recent times. With the arrival of Rhodes Island and their expertise in medical and modern technology. I do wish you would open your hand to them. I know you aren't fond of outsiders but as both men of nobility, caretakers of our subjects along with being devout followers of Kjangandr. We both wish the best for these lands, so opening up to them to see what they can do might not be a bad idea, also do I wish to use Rhodes Island as a way to form a more friendly relationship with you and the rest of the Palerouch family. The Silverashes will gladly extend a hand in friendship, we do wish for you to not hesitate to call upon us in your times of need and the same is true for us. May Kjangandr smile upon."

-Enciodes Silverash.

With Rhodes Island leaving the building with Alice not far behind them.

"Lord Axel was an intense fellow, wouldn't you agree Sharp?" Amiya asked.

"Indeed he was, he reminds me of Silverash. Intense in very subtle ways, this is why I let Kal'tsit deal with all the diplomacy." Sharp said as he rubs his head. "I have to say you are getting better everyday Amiya, you looked like Kal'tsit in there for a moment."

Amiya tried to cover her face as she felt her cheeks flare up in embarrassment by the praise, but her with her ears standing straight up wasn't helping her. "I wouldn't say all that, I still have so much to learn from Kal'tsit." She said,

Sharp could only rub Amiya's head, it lasted for a moment before Sharp made his way towards Alice.

"What do you need?" Alice asked.

"Would a tour of the local area be within your schedule? A clinic makes people feel safe, so adjusting to the local area would make things smoother." Sharp explained.

Alice could sigh. "I'm sorry but two of our men were attacked last night by a mysterious suspect. Their means of attack are nowhere to be found." She explained.