TEN

Author's POV

~O Kaanha ab to murli ki, madhur suna do taan
O Kaanha ab to murli ki, madhur suna do taan
Main hu teri, prem deewani, mujhko tum pehchaan
madhur suna do taan,
O kaanha ab to murli ki, madhur suna do taan~

Ranvijay, who just came back from his morning run, heard his wife's sweet, melodious voice and a smile took place on his lips. He went to the the small temple at their home where Antara was standing in a blue saree doing aarti.

Ranvijay watched her from outside because since his parents' death, he never stepped inside any religious place

Ranvijay watched her from outside because since his parents' death, he never stepped inside any religious place. He stopped believing in God after his parents passed away.

When Antara was done with her prayers, she turn around to see Ranvijay smiling at her and she smiled back.

"I've placed your clothes on the bed. You can go and freshen up, I'll set breakfast." Antara said and Ranvijay felt warmth in his heart. Nobody did anything for him. He has always been alone in this big house but now somebody is there to take care of him.

Ranvijay hugged Antara out of nowhere, which made her shocked. She was froze for a second before hugging him back. Ranvijay sniff her neck once before pulling away.

"I'll be down in few minutes." With that Ranvijay leave a flustered Antara behind. Antara shake her head and went to see if the breakfast is ready or not.

Sometimes later Ranvijay came down all ready and saw Antara placing plates on the table. Even though there are workers to do all the work, Antara likes to do these things.

"You came. Come sit, I'll serve you." Antara said. "Sit with me. Workers can do it." Ranvijay said pulling Antara down on the seat next to him. "But-" "No buts! You'll be eating with me. That's it." Ranvijay said and sighing, Antara nodded.

The workers serve them their food and they started eating and that's when Neil made his entry.

"Good morning to love birds." Neil said making Ranvijay roll his eyes and Antara to smile shyly. "Good morning Neil bhai. Come, have breakfast with us." Antara said. "Oh no Tara thanks but I've already done my breakfast." Neil said.

"Then why are you here?" Ranvijay asked. "To give you this!" Neil said giving Ranvijay an envelope. "The tickets?" Ranvijay asked. "Yes." Neil replied.

"What tickets?" Antara asked. "Our honeymoon tickets." Ranvijay said and Antara blushed deep red. "Ho-honeymoon?" Antara asked. "Yes. Honeymoon." Ranvijay replied giving her the envelope.

Antara opened it and take out the two tickets of Manali. Her eyes widen and she looked at Neil then at Ranvijay. Both male smiled at her cute reaction.

"Manali?" Antara asked and Ranvijay nodded. "Don't you have work though?" Antara asked again. "Of course not Tara! For you he can leave all his work." Neil said and Ranvijay glared at him.

"Shut your mouth! Nobody asked you. And all the work is done for now so we can go. Don't worry about it." Ranvijay said and Antara nodded while Neil scoffed quietly.

"Ok then. When are we leaving by the way?" Antara asked. "Tonight." Ranvijay said. "What?! Tonight?! We haven't even packed anything yet!" Antara said. "Relax. It's morning. We have plenty of time to do it." Ranvijay said.

"We do not! You should've told me before! Now I've to se what to pack or not." Antara said and leave the table. Ranvijay and Neil looked at her then at each other before shrugging.

"Now let's get to the point. As you know my main purpose to go to Manali is to take care of those Rajvanshs. They are being a nuisance and I won't tolerate it anymore." Ranvijay said and Neil nodded.

"I know. You don't worry about it. Your bodyguards will be with you. They will be near you but hiding so that Antara can not know and you two will have protection as well." Neil explained.

"Great. Told all the bodyguards to be alert all the time. I can't risk Antara's life at all." Ranvijay said. "I know. Our best bodyguards will be with you so you can enjoy your honeymoon without any problem." Neil said, smirking and Ranvijay rolled his eyes.

"Don't give me that look or I'll punch your face." Ranvijay said. "Like I'll let you! Huh!" Neil said and Ranvijay just shake his head. "Get out of my house!" Ranvijay said.

"This is not only your house now. It's Antara's as well and she will not want me to leave. So, no. I'm not leaving." Neil said and make himself comfortable on the living room couch.

"But on serious note Ran, why is these Rajvanshs are messing with our shipments? Like I thought we were cool then why?" Neil asked.

"Because he thinks I snatched his position which I worked hard for. He didn't even do anything and thinks he can be the king of underworld? As if!" Ranvijay said sitting beside Neil.

"Then why don't we just kill him?" Neil asked. "Can't do! There are so many things left to do with them. They are one of the powerful ones in India. So killing them is not an option." Ranvijay said.

"Killing who?" Antara, who just came down asked and both Neil and Ranvijay exchanged looks. "Naira's boyfriend! She made a boyfriend even though we told her not to so yeah we were talking about how to kill him but we cannot." Neil covered up.

"What's wrong in having a boyfriend? I mean she is in college so let her have her fun." Antara said. "Oh really? Then did you have fun as well?" Ranvijay asked. "Means?" Antara asked.

"Means did you had a boyfriend in college?" Ranvijay asked. "Well...there was this guy I liked but boyfriend? Nope." Antara replied and Ranvijay was jealous but he didn't showed and just nodded.

"Let me tell you Tara, your husband is very jealous right now but he is not showing it." Neil said, getting a glare from his best friend but ignoring it royally, he laughed.

"Jealous? Why?" Antara asked Ranvijay. "I'm not! He is just lying." Ranvijay said. "Am I now?" Neil teased. "You know what? Get out of my house this instant!" Ranvijay said. "I will not! I'll leave after lunch only." Neil said.

"Yeah sure. It'll be fun to have company. The more the merrier." Antara said. "I know right! And I'll tell you a lot about Ranvijay's childhood too." Neil said. "You wouldn't dare!" Ranvijay said.

"Oh I will! You know Tara once we were in school and Ranvijay had this huge crush on-" "Shut up or I will shoot a bullet in your forehead!" Ranvijay threatened. "Crush on who?" Antara asked, looking amusedly at the two best friends.

"Noone!" "His teacher!"

Both Ranvijay and Neil said and Antara smiled. "Well it's ok to have a crush on teacher." She said. "Oh it is! But confessing it to her with a handmade card and a rose in front of whole class is not!" Neil said and laughed.

Antara also laughed. "You really did that?!" She asked and Ranvijay huffed. "I was a kid!" Ranvijay said. "Yeah. A grade 6 kid!" Neil said as him and Antara laughed. "Tell me more." Antara said.

"Of course!" Neil said and the two started talking about Ranvijay's childhood making him groan but he also smiles looking at their bond and Antara's smile.

'If my embarassing stories can make you smile like that, then be it.'

Ranvijay thought and giving a one last look to his best friend and his wife, he went upstairs to his study, leaving the two chatting and having fun.

Here's the update guys! Hope you guys liked it!

Happy reading everyone!

~Author M~