SEVENTEEN

Author's POV

After dropping Antara home, Ranvijay went to his office as he has an important meeting. Arriving at the office, he get off and went inside and all his employees greeted him which he replied with only a nod.

"Good morning Mr. Ranawat you're 10 minutes late." Ranvijay heard his best friend's voice and rolled his eyes. "Shut up. At least I'm not an hour late unlike someone." Ranvijay replied.

"Hey! That was only one time. By the way why are you late?" Neil asked. "I was dropping Antara home for that ritual Gayatri maa told about." Ranvijay said. "Oh. Ok. Well the clients have arrived so let's go." Neil said.

Ranvijay nodded and they both went to the meeting room where the clients were sitting, waiting for Ranvijay. Ranvijay greeted them and told them to start the meeting.

Soon the meeting was over and Ranvijay went to his office to do his work. When the lunch time came, Ranvijay decided to go home.

"Let's go to Rathi House. Have lunch together." Ranvijay said to Neil, closing his laptop and standing up while buttoning his coat.

"No. I'm going to meet someone. So...next time." Neil said. "To meet who?" Ranvijay asked. "Just...someone! Don't worry about it." Neil said with a cheeky smile and Ranvijay rolled his eyes before leaving the room.

Getting down to last floor of his office, Ranvijay get his car and sitting inside leave for Rathi House. Sometimes later, he arrived there and get off.

Entering inside the house, he saw it empty which made him frown. And then he heard some loud voices coming from upstairs and his brows furrowed more before going upstairs, following the voices.

Ranvijay arrived in front of Antara's room and look every single Rathi member there and Antara was yelling at them with tears rolling down her eyes which made his heart clench. And then he heard a thud. Abha Rathi just slapped his wife.

And nobody stopped her or said anything to her. He then saw Antara coming put of the door only to stop when she saw him standing on the door. Her teary eyes widen same as other family members.

"Ranvijay Ji...."

Antara mumble before taking big steps towards him and hugged him. Ranvijay hugged her back and caressed her hair before pulling away and inspecting her cheeks, which now has handprint of Abha Rathi. Ranvijay looked up with anger-filled eyes.

"How. Dare. You?! How dare you Mrs. Abha Rathi?! Who do you think you are to slap MY WIFE! And you all? How can you let it happen?! Not even you papa ji! Paarth?!" Ranvijay yelled and everyone look down except Abha and Saarika.

"Now why are you looking down?! Seriously?! Do you know what are the consequences of touching Ranvijay Singh Ranawat's wife?! Of course you must do, don't you?!" Ranvijay said in a threatening tone. "She is my niece! I can do whatever I want!" Abha Rathi yelled.

"NO YOU CAN FUCKING NOT! WHETHER SHE IS YOUR NIECE OR NOT, NOBODY CARES BUT SHE IS MY WIFE NOW! MY WIFE! AND YOU DARE TO HURT HER?! Now just wait and watch what will this Ranvijay Singh Ranawat do! And Paarth, forget about our deal now!" With that Ranvijay held Antara's hand and leave, leaving all Rathi family shocked.

Ranvijay sat a crying Antara in the car before sitting in as well and leaving. The whole ride Ranvijay held Antara's hand which made her stop crying in between as well and soon they were home. Both get off the car and Ranvijay took her inside and directly to bedroom ignoring his worker's eyes.

"Kaka get an ice pack to our room fast!" Ranvijay yelled to one of the workers in between before entering his room and sitting Antara down on the bed. He then took off his suit coat and rolled his sleeves.

"What happened back there Aaru?" Ranvijay asked and Antara looked away making him sigh. Ranvijay then kneeled down in front of her and held her hands. "Baby, if you won't tell me I can't help you. So, please tell me what happened back there?"

Antara was about to say something when a knock on the door stopped her. Ranvijay opened it and get the ice pack from the worker before closing the door and going back to Antara. He carefully placed the ice pack on her cheek making her hiss at the sudden cold to her skin.

"Now, what happened?" Ranvijay asked, again. "T-there was a fam-mily that came for Saarika di. I was in m-my room I don't know wh-what happened bu-but di suddenly came and...." Antara explained everything and each passing seconds Ranvijay's anger just grew more and more.

"So, your aunt...she always hits you? Did she abused you?" Ranvijay asked and Antara look down. "What the fuck?! And none of your other family members said anything?!" Ranvijay asked and Antara tried hard to control her tears.

"Why? Why wouldn't they help you? Let's forget about others, what about your father? Your brothers? They didn't even helped you?! How can they not?!" Ranvijay asked, frustrated making Antara look up at him before she said...

"Because I killed my own mother...."

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late update! Here you go! I hope you will like it! Please vote and comment.

Happy reading everyone!

Thank You,

Author M~