EIGHTEEN

Author's POV

"What? What are you saying? You killed your mother?"

Ranvijay asked, shocked and Antara looked up at him with teary eyes and nodded. She then wipe her tears and stand up, holding Ranvijay's hands.

"It was because of me that my mother got into an accident because of which she died." Antara said and Ranvijay cupped her cheeks. "What do you mean Aaru? What happened?" He asked.

"It was 17th May. Mine and Aarav's birthday. Our sixth birthday. I remember everyone being so happy just like any of our birthdays. Since the morning everyone were wishing us, giving their blessings, playing with us, pampering us.

Papa was playing with Aarav and I. Mom and Chachi were in the kitchen while other of our cousins were at school. Then during lunch I made a request that I wanted a big barbie doll house that I saw once in a shop that was very far from our house.

Everyone told me that it isn't possible and that I should probably ask for another gift but I was pretty adamant on getting that doll house. So, my mom promised me to get it. And on that evening she leave to get my gift all by herself. Papa wanted to go with her but she refused.

And then she got the doll house and she was even coming home. But suddenly the weather changed. It turned cloudy and rainy. I still remember the wind was blowing hard and it was raining heavily as well.

She was trying to come home as soon as she can but then because of the rain my mom couldn't see properly and crash into a tree. Even after that she was saved and decided to walk home but then......then a car suddenly came and hit her. But the most devastating thing we never found her body."

By the time Antara completed, she was on the floor crying while holding Ranvijay's biceps. Ranvijay held Antara as she cried and cried.

"But if you didn't find her body then how'd you know it was your mom?" Ranvijay asked. "Because of her purse and the doll house. It was the same doll house that I wanted! Because of me my mother died! I killed her Ranvijay Ji! I killed her! I took away everything!"

Antara cried and Ranvijay just hugged her while patting her head continuously. Antara hugged Ranvijay tightly while mumbling 'I killed my mother'. Ranvijay's heart broke seeing Antara like this.

"Shh..Aaru. You didn't do anything. It was just a bad situation. It wasn't your fault. You were just a kid." Ranvijay said and Antara shake her head. "I killed her Ranvijay Ji! I did! Because of this only my own father, my own brothers hate me! And they aren't wrong for it!" Antara said.

"Aaru look at me! It doesn't justify their hate towards you ok? You were just a kid! A kid, you understand me? It wasn't your fault for making a request to your present.

It was just a bad weather and even bad situation because of which it all happened. And it doesn't give the right to your father and family to hate you or turn a blind eye to your aunt's abuse towards you! They should've been there for you, baby! So, yes they are wrong for it."

Ranvijay said and Antara smiled. "Thank you Ranvijay ji...I thought if I tell you, you'll hate me as well. But you didn't. Thank you so much." Antara said. "There's nothing to thank me for Aaru. What's there to hate when it wasn't even your fault?" Ranvijay said and Antara hugged him.

"Ok get up now. Freshen up a little and I'll make us some lunch." Ranvijay said and Antara looked at him with surprise. "You? You know how to cook?" Antara asked. "You think I don't?" Ranvijay asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I mean...." Antara trailed. "Don't underestimate me wifey! Now, freshen up and our lunch will be ready soon!" Ranvijay said and pushed Antara in the bathroom then sighed.

All the things Antara told him were keep coming to him but mostly the disrespect his wife faced in that house came to his mind.Ranvijay take out his phone and called his bff/p.a's number.

"Neil...I won't be coming to the office for today so cancel all the schedule. Also, cancel the deal with Rathi Corporation, cancel everything we have with Rathis." Ranvijay spoke on the call.

"What? But why? Did something happened?" Neil asked. "Yeah. I'll tell you later. First do what I said. And, meet me in the morning first thing tomorrow. Someone's destruction is coming soon. Now I'll hang up." With that Ranvijay hang up and went down to make lunch for themselves.

Here Antara sit on the bathroom floor as she think about....everything. From her mother's memories to her sixth birthday to her wedding to today. Everything replayed in her head over and over again making her clutch her head before she let out a silent scream. Then she remembered her husband's words.

"It wasn't your fault..."

"It wasn't my fault...I was just kid...It wasn't my fault....It wasn't." Antara chanted these words like a mantra before wiping her tears and standing up. She looked up at the mirror and said those words one last time before washing her face and freshening up.

After she was changed to some more comfortable clothes, she tied her silky, long hair in a side braid before making her way downstairs where she smell the good aroma coming from the kitchen.

"What are you making? It smells good." Antara said, entering the kitchen, where she saw her husband with fold up sleeves and in apron looking hot as ever.

"Oh! You're here. I'm making some simple Indian lunch that I hope you'll like. Which I know you will because I'm one of the best chef out there!" Ranvijay said and Antara raise her eyebrows. "You are? Well I'll know after I eat." Antara said and the next second she was between her husband and the kitchen counter.

"Are you doubting your husband Mrs. Ranawat?" Ranvijay said in her ear in a low husky voice making Antara internally shiver as she look away. "I-i'm not!" Antara stuttered as Ranvijay placed his lips on the side of her neck.

"Ran-Ranvijay ji some-someone will come. What are you doing?" Antara whispered out as Ranvijay keep giving sensual kisses to her neck. "No one will come jaan. It's only you and me. I gave day off to workers." Ranvijay said as his lips moved to Antara's jaw, making her moan.

Ranvijay peppered the kisses from Antara's jaw to hollow of her neck to her collarbone. Antara was just standing there holding onto her husband's arms as she felt weak to her knees. Just as Ranvijay's lips moved to her lips, they heard a ding making them pull away.

"Well our lunch is ready but don't worry we will continue this soon enough." Ranvijay said and patting her head went towards the oven with a smirk making Antara's jaw drop as she blushed and covered her face with her hands.

Hope you guys will like the chapter! Please vote and comment.

Happy reading everyone!

Thank You,

Author M~