TWENTY TWO

{Author's POV}

After telling Neil to come, Ranvijay turn towards a terrified Antara, who is shaking in his arms. Ranvijay mentally cursed at the shooters before cupping Antara's face.

"Aaru, look at me baba. It's nothing ok? I'll handle it, you stay here and don't come outside till I tell you." Ranvijay said and hearing his words, Antara shake her head and held his hands.

"N-no! Please don't leave me. Please." Antara held his arms. "Baby, don't get scared. You'll be fine ok? Just wait--" "No! Please! Don't leave me." Antara hugged him tight and Ranvijay sighed. "Ok ok fine, baba. Come with me and don't leave my side, ok?" Antara nodded.

Ranvijay held her protectively and started going outside. Antara was shaking in his arms while Ranvijay was looking for Neil and his men. Just then more shots were fired and Ranvijay took out his gun making Antara freeze in his arms.

"G-gun? Wh-why do y-you have a gu-gun?" Antara stuttered and Ranvijay looked at her with guilt in his eyes. "I'll explain everything later, ok Aaru? For now, we have to get out here." At that Antara nodded making Ranvijay kiss her forehead.

"Ranvijay! Antara!"

They heard and turn to see Neil. Ranvijay immediately went to him with Antara. Neil checked both of them for injuries and not finding anything, he sighed.

"What happened? I mean why this so suddenly? And who?!" Neil asked. "It's Ayaan Rajvansh! Who else? But we don't have time for questions. I'm taking her home, you handle it here. Ok?" Ranvijay said and Neil nodded.

"Sure! You go fast." Neil said and Ranvijay took Antara out while shooting at the shooters. All this while Antara keep shaking and flinching in his arms, which broke Ranvijay's heart. And then they finally arrived at the car.

Ranvijay made Antara sit inside before quickly running towards the other side and getting in. After that he started the car and started driving fastly. But what he couldn't notice was the, now, agressive shaking of his wife.

"Ran-Ranvijay ji sl-slow down please! Please!" Antara stuttered while closing her eyes and holding onto the seat belt for her dear life. Her breaths were fast and her body shaking. Ranvijay looked towards her and then realised.

'The accident! Fuck Ranvijay! How can you forget it!?'

With that thought he stopped the car with a screech before opening his and Antara's seat belt and made her face him. Antara's eyes were still closed as she flinched a little.

"Aaru, bachha. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'll drive slowly ok. Now, take a deep breath, yeah?" Ranvijay said and Antara did as her husband told. And she calm a little making Ranvijay kiss her forehead.

"I'm sorry baby. Now, I'll be careful." Ranvijay said and kiss her forehead and nose before making her wear her seat belt then wearing his own and started driving towards their home.

Getting home, Ranvijay quickly get off the car and went towards Antara's side and helped her out of the car as well. Antara held his hand tightly as they entered inside the house. Ranvijay made her sit on the couch before getting her water and making her drink it.

"Feeling better, baby?" Ranvijay asked and Antara stare at him. "Do you....do you expect me to feel better after what I saw?" Antara asked back and Ranvijay became quiet. "Tell me, Ranvijay ji what was that? Shooting, gun, men, Neil bhai....what was that?"

"See, Aaru I can't explain anything to you right now. You should rest. I will--" "No! I want to know now! What was that?! Why do you have a gun? And what will Neil bhai handle?" Antara asked, now standing and facing Ranvijay, who sighed and rubbed his face, making Antara look at him.

"Was....chachi saying truth? Are you someone....someone dangerous?" Antara take a step back as she asked this and Ranvijay frowned. "No! Aaru I--" "Do you--do you hurt innocent people? You do, don't you?! What are you a Mafia?! How can you do this? I thought you were a nice man then what is all this?! What is--"

"No, Aaru listen to me first." Ranvijay cut her. "What's there to listen?! You hurt innocent people! You kill them! You take lives! You kill people!" Antara keep chanting this like a mantra and Ranvijay was trying to stop her.

"Aaru..Aaru..Aaru....Antara!" Ranvijay yelled and held her by her shoulders and pulled her closer. "Listen to me first!" At that Antara got quiet and gulped while staring at her husband.

"Yes, I am in a mafia. Fuck that! I run a mafia! But I don't hurt or kill innocent people! And definitely not kill, even if they are not innocent! What we do is stop the other mafias from human trafficking and other things! But we do it illegally, that's it! We don't kill people for no reason! We are not crazy! I am not crazy! I'm also a human! I have humanity too!"

Ranvijay said while leaving her arms and Antara looked away. By the end of his words, Ranvijay was panting while looking at his wife.

"But.....you still lied to me..."

"I never lied to you, baba! I did not! Yeah, I didn't told you but I didn't lied either! I just didn't wanted to tell you because it wasn't that important and I didn't wanted you to get involved in all this! That's why I didn't told you anything! And I was scared....scared that you'll take me wrong! Which you did.

You know I had this little hope that maybe you will not misunderstand me but hearing you now I.....I felt hurt, after a very long time! How can you even think that I'll hurt or kill some innocent people. Do you think that lowly of me?! Haven't you been able to know this much about me in so many days?"

When Antara didn't said anything, Ranvijay scoffed to himself before throwing his coat harshly on the floor, which made Antara flinch, and leave from there, not without giving one last look to his wife.

After Ranvijay leave, Antara sit down on the floor, hugging her knees to her chest and all the events, that happened at the restaurant, came to her mind. She closed her eyes tightly as tears fall down from them, rapidly. And while crying, she fell asleep there.

Hey guys! Sorry for the wait but here y'all go! Hope you guys like the chapter.

And a new story will come soon! So, wait for it and give love to it as well!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Do let me know what do you think about the chapter.

Also, please follow me on my Instagram. The I'd moon_asthetic_08 with same profile picture as Wattpad!

Have a nice reading!

Thank You,

Author M~