5: A Push too Far

"It's too much..." I whispered.

* * *

A week before day zero, I turned in my last assignment at work. My boss joked and took me out for lunch. He backed off asking me to invest, and told me there'd always be a place for me, if I wanted to come back.

We were both anxious to get away from our old lives, so we left early and took the train up the coast. I was watching the scenery roll by the whole time, while Emily was anxiously on and off the phone for most of it.

"It's just Rachel. She's been getting everything ready, everything perfect."

"I'm sure everything will be fine." I put my arm around Emily, and we both gazed out the window.

We caught a car at the station and twenty minutes later, we were staring at the front entrance of Aunt Beatrix's manor. Before my fears could get the better of me, a cute blonde face popped out of the door followed by the rest of Rachel, in a white skirt suit.

"Come on in, come on in." She waved, her face friendly and unassuming, there was innocence in her demeanor. "It's just me inside, the crew left an hour ago. Everything is out of storage, the power and water are back on, I've stocked the fridge, and the internet is all hooked up."

She led us into the foyer, which looked exactly like I remembered it.

"It looks great, thank you." I said.

"Well thank you, it was super fun to work on. I am nervous that you'll like the arrangements," she said, looking to Emily.

"It looks like you did a great job," she said.

"Well, follow me." She led us back to the kitchen, where she had several stacks of documents laid out.

"First the important one Mr. Bennet, sign here to formally accept your inheritance." I did.

"And here, and here." I did as well.

"Congratulations, you are now the richest man I know. Now do you want the tour, or shall we get straight on with it?"

I nodded and the girls led me back to the maid's quarters.

"See I've made all the arrangements," Rachel said. The bed had been replaced with what I thought was a bondage cross. I'd only ever seen one in porn videos.

Then Rachel opened a closet full of uniforms, in all different colors.

"Shall we start with black?" Emily asked.

"Well, I'll leave you two to it," said Rachel, blushing. "I'll drop by tomorrow after you've had time to settle."

* * *

I examined myself in the mirror. Emily's makeup job was perfect. Yes, I could still tell there was a man under all those ruffles, but it was a cute man. The dress, the soft pink lipstick, the tight blonde curls all suited him perfectly.

She was dressed in a latex maid's uniform, and wore black lipstick. All very goth... and quite imposing.

"Shall we?" She asked, running a hand over the cross. Not waiting for a reply, she nudged me, backing me into it, and gently lifted my right hand into place, cuffing it first...

* * *

The next day, we met Rachel for lunch at a sit down diner.

"So how do you two like it?" She asked.

"Oh the house is wonderful..." Emily said, her hands rubbing at the stockings and garters I was wearing under my pants.

"It'll be a nice place to come home to," I added, "We're going to globe hop for a while, see all the sights."

"Oh! That sounds glamorous," Rachel cooed.

"But it does seem like a bit of a waste of a house," I added.

"You're not going to sell it, are you?"

"Not for a year at least..."

"Ahhh... I love it so much," Rachel seemed crestfallen.

Emily made eyes at me, and I nodded back.

"If you want, you can stay there... whenever we're gone," I offered.

"Really?"

"Sure." I smiled.

* * *

A year later... and Emily and I were sitting on a white sandy beach, gazing idly at the sunset.

"Hey, Charlotte?" she asked.

I groaned. The nickname was cute, but she used it way too much. "Yes, dear?"

"What would you think about a dog?"

"Where did this come from?"

"It's just I saw the villagers playing with one and I thought it would be... nice to have one."

"That's a lot of responsibility."

"Maybe that's why I want one, to take care of something," she said. "It wouldn't have to be a big dog. Just something to,you know, keep us company."

I looked at her. She seemed nervous. Then I imagined spending the next ten years picking up dog poo... waking up early to take the thing for walks...

"Let's see if you still want it next week, okay?"

She sighed a long slow sigh as she turned back to the sunset. "Okay, Charles."

—THE END—

(Or should we say "an end?")

(You ended up as a boring person.)

If you liked this story, please consider giving it a vote

If you liked this story, please consider giving it a vote. It means a lot!