14: Trail By Fetish

"Mitch, my old bully from high school, is going to love this," I said, staggering to sit down.

* * *

"So, Miss Darcy," the district attorney asked, "There's been a lot of speculation by the defense as to your place in all this, what happened to your inheritance, and your relationship with Ms. Bennet."

I blushed as I looked down to the maid's outfit the DA had insisted I wore. He said it made my testimony more believable. It wouldn't have been so bad, except Ms. Fox's lawyers now insisted on a public trial so there were television cameras on me.

"What is your relationship with Ms. Bennet?"

"Well, she's my employer."

"And what position do you have with her?"

"I'm her maid." Some of the jury were looking at me funny.

"So what does that entail?"

"Well, I live in the manor, and clean mostly..."

"Would you say you live with her?"

"Kind of, but I've got my own room... it's a maid's room."

"Have you ever had any other relationship with Ms. Bennet?" The DA asked in a deep authoritative voice.

I wanted to jump out of my seat, but I looked to Emily and she nodded back to me.

I spoke, "She used to be my wife."

The jury box stirred.

"So you were a same-sex couple? Were you her wife?"

"No... no... I used to be her husband."

There was a gasp from the gallery. I saw several people pull out cell phones, and heard giggling from the jury.

* * *

They released us that evening, and we went home.

I was seated at the dining room table, still red-faced from the day.

"Here we are," Rachel said, laying a previously frozen pizza before us.

"Where's Julia?" I asked.

Emily spoke apologetically, "She's... well she's gone off to do the talk show circuit. Don't worry Darling, we'll take care of you until your nerves settle."

"I have never been so humiliated..."

"But you saved us," Rachel offered.

"The fainting did make your testimony so much more... powerful." Emily added.

"But everyone knows..."

"They'll forget about it in a month or so, just as soon as some other story comes up, let's just not watch TV until then."

I felt a buzzing in my pocket and checked my phone, "New facebook comment from Mitch."

A month went by and Emily became more playful, which helped take my mind off of it, and we ended up making love every night.

* * *

Emily played with me throughout the morning. She enjoyed kneading my breasts with her hands, and flicking the tip of her tongue against my nipples.