6: A Hard Pill to Swallow

I kept my mouth closed.

"Honey?" she said teasingly.

"We both know I'd never be able to stop... once I started."

"Do you blame me for trying?"

"No," I smiled. "I love that about you."

* * *

A week before day zero, I turned in my last assignment at work. My boss joked and took me out for lunch. He backed off asking me to invest, and told me there'd always be a place for me, if I wanted to come back.

We were both anxious to get away from our old lives, so we left early and took the train up the coast. I was nervous and jittery the whole time, while Emily was anxiously on and off the phone for most of it.

"It's just Rachel. She's been getting everything ready, everything perfect. She's been talking my ear off about the contracts, she's really into that."

I gave her a funny look.

"I think she has fantasies similar to yours, so she wrote contracts that would turn her on."

"I'm a wreck."

"Oh honey, I know it's been stressful, but today's the day, by tonight your nerves will settle, and you'll be having the time of your life."

I sighed and gazed out the window, and Emily put her arm around me.

We caught a car at the station and twenty minutes later, we were staring at the front entrance of Aunt Beatrix's manor. Before my fears could get the better of me, a cute blonde face popped out of the door followed by the rest of Rachel, in a white skirt suit.

"Come on in, come on in." She waved, her face friendly and unassuming, there was innocence in her demeanor. "It's just me inside, the crew left an hour ago. Everything is out of storage, the power and water are back on, I've stocked the fridge, and the internet is all hooked up."

She led us into the foyer, which looked exactly like I remembered it.

"It looks great, thank you." I said.

"Well thank you, it was super fun to work on. I am nervous that you'll like all the arrangements," she said, looking at me specifically.

"I'm a little nervous myself," I said blushing.

"Oh, I'm sure. But it is exciting too, isn't it?"

I actually laughed a little, "Yes, I guess so."

"Well, follow me." She led us back to the kitchen, where she had several stacks of documents laid out.

"First the important one Mr. Bennet, sign here to formally accept your inheritance." I did.

"And here, and here." I did as well.

"Congratulations, you are now the richest man I know. Now do you want the tour, or shall we get straight on with it?"

Emily answered, "My darling husband here has been a nervous wreck all month. Let's just get on with it."

"Excellent!" Rachel's eyes lit up. "This is your employment contract."

"One, Charlotte Darcy (AKA Charles Bennet) ("Charlotte"), agrees to take the position of maid servant in the employ of Mrs. Emily Bennet."

"Two, Charlotte agrees to wear whatever uniform is given to him at all times. And to present in a clean, meek, feminine manner at all times, to the satisfaction of Ms. Bennet."

"Three, Charlotte agrees to live on the premises, in the maid's quarters, and agrees to ask for permission before leaving for any reason. Room and board will be Charlotte's sole compensation."

"Four, Charlotte agrees to never speak unless spoken to or given leave to from Ms. Bennet, or her other household Superiors, Rachel Lucas, or anyone else deemed above Charlotte by Ms. Bennet."

"Five, Charlotte agrees to do whatever chores or tasks are required of her by Ms. Bennet or her other household superiors. No matter how degrading or humiliating, as they will certainly be."

"That last bit was just for fun."

Emily turned to me. "Moment of truth time isn't it, Sweetie? Do I finally get to meet Charlotte?"

I nodded and the girls led me back to the maid's quarters.

"See I've made all the arrangements," Rachel said, showing me a closet full of uniforms, in all different colors.

"Shall we start with black?" Emily asked.

* * *

I examined myself in the mirror. Emily's makeup job was perfect. Yes, I could still tell there was a man under all those ruffles, but it was a cute man. The dress, the soft pink lipstick, the tight blonde curls all suited him perfectly.

I didn't want to keep the girls waiting. They were already chatting when I served them wine, and they didn't stop, even when they started sneaking peeks up the short frilly skirt that barely covered my waist.

"So how long have you known?" Rachel asked.

"About what?"

"About Charles, Charlotte."

"Well, the first day I met him I had him pegged," said Emily.

"Really?"

"Oh, not that sort of pegged. I just knew he'd make a, a good..."

"Sissy?"

Emily made a sour face,"Sissy, I've never been a big fan of that word. Can we just say a good Charlotte?"

"I guess, I just thought it might turn him on," Rachel smirked at me, "and more wine please, Sissy, err um Charlotte."

I blushed, "Yes, Mistress."

"I thought I was the mistress?" Emily raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, Mistress." I said, "I'm still getting used to all this."

"Oh you'll learn," she giggled back at me. "And I could really get used to this, having a servant and all. To think, I used to pour my own wine."

"Well..." Rachel shrugged. "Most men make good sissies, er umm Charlottes, you just need to train them. So are you going to keep him, err her like this all the time?"

"I dunno, I hadn't really thought about it," said Emily. "We'll have to wait and see how 'she' takes to it, but Charles still owes me best friend stuff too, doesn't he, Charlotte?"

"Yes, Mistress."

"Oh, don't sound so disappointed, and don't worry, Charlotte is going to be a regular thing from now on. I mean the house isn't going to clean itself is it?"

"No, Mistress."

—THE END—

(Or should we say "an end?")

(You ended up as an occasional maid.)

If you liked this story, please consider giving it a vote

If you liked this story, please consider giving it a vote. It means a lot!