Enemy

A month later

I'm so sick of all the whispers , like I barely sleep and then I wake up to this.

"Ooh , that's the girl who beat everyone in DATDA Class" , said a girl as I passed by

"That's the Golden Gryff , she's super fierce , I think that I've found my new idol"

"Oh my god , she's super pretty"

I went to my spot at the table for breakfast and James stared long at me.

That's when Daniel appeared , sitting next to me with his arm around my shoulder as usual.

"You're the talk of the school , l didn't even have to leave my room to hear about you" , said he grabbing and biting the apple in my hand.

"I told you guys not to underestimate me , even if you're Sophomores" , I replied taking the apple back from Daniel and biting right next where he'd done so while looking straight into his eyes. "Anyways , I'm off , I have to check if I made the team or not , see ya later" , I declared throwing the fruit back to the black boy.

That's when I got a text from Jules :

- Rave downtown tonight , you down 😉

- umm Duh 🤪 [ I replied ]

I continued on walking with my head inside my phone until I bumped into someone.

Malfoy. 

"Aren't you supposed to be at the hall", I asked.

"How about you", he replied.

"I already ate , I was going to check the bulletin..."

"You made the team , I was checking debate for me and saw that you made it in ... congrats"

"Thanks , did you see which position though"

"No..."

"Thanks anyways , I'll see you at lunch"

I checked the bulletin and saw that I got the main flyer position.

Yes !

What did I have in first period ?

I walked through the halls to my dorm while humming and stopped in my tracks seeing ...

Albus.

None of us spoke , each of us equally responsible.

This was something that had never happened between us before : awkwardness. 

It's been a month yet ... it's still this awkward.

Because for the first time , the silence didn't speak for anything.

"D-did ... you sleep well", he asked.

"Yeah ... you...", I replied.

"Oh ... I slept fine too"

"Oh ... cool , There's a rave downtown tonight , do you wanna ... go"

"Oh ... I'm good ... thanks though"

"Ok ... I'll see you in ... yeah" , I declared walking away.

"Wait ... don't feel bad ... you didn't do anything bad" , said he pulling my my arm and hugging me.

"I did Albus ... because I hurt you"