Three | Reilly

The party at the football house is something else. They have the game on in their living room and a half assed phone projector of it in the backyard. It's a white bed sheet hooked up to the side of the house, with a portable phone projector while the phone is hooked up to a few bluetooth devices. Shits wacky. But hey, if it was hockey night, we'd probably have a similar set up. I've had a few classes with some of the guys that live here. I spotted a majority of the hockey team by the back of the place, near the fence. I walked down from the house's back porch with Wren and Adrian and we made our way to everyone.

Wren kept checking his phone and Adrian was curious to see who he was texting. "I hope Sky is here. I could go for a BJ tonight boys." We both rolled our eyes at Adrian and settled in beside our teammates. A few of the guys that live here were sitting with us: Danny, Dusty and Ryder. Nick is off catering to everyone, being a good host. Nick is the second string quarterback. He's a junior and might get some recognition next year after Devon leaves this year. Dusty is a lineman and Ryder is a wide receiver. Danny plays a few different positions, but he's best at safety.

"Oh they're here." I looked up from my beer to Adrian who nodded towards the back door. I don't know why I thought it would be Brock and Valerie. Now that I know they're both here, I'm just waiting for them to crash into my life. Instead of Brock and Valerie it was Sky, Kayla and Katherine. Katherine, with her platinum blonde hair walked over to me and took her spot in my lap. I adjusted to accommodate her and let her kiss me. Kayla and Sky are her best friends. While Sky has been interested in Adrian, Kayla wants to get into Wren's pants.

"Hi baby." Katherine said, taking a swig of my beer. I calmed down on drinking, I know my limits for sure. I definitely stay away from whiskey. I have too many bad memories with hard alcohol.

"Hey," I said looking over to Danny who was telling a story.

"So anyway, I caught the ball and ran. Then this fucker somehow ends up in front of me--"

Dusty sat up in his chair, his girlfriend adjusting in his lap. "Hell no bitch. I was trying to block you."

"Block me my ass. I ended up tripping on your dumbass feet because you were in my way.." They continued to go at it and we laughed along at the story. Dusty and Danny both struggled with accomplishing a great play. They end up tangled with each other anytime one of them has a breakout. Katherine kissed my neck and I looked up at her, her blue eyes pouting at me.

"I missed you baby." She undid one of the buttons on my shirt and I sat there placid. "We haven't seen much of each other since we've been back."

"Yeah. Things have been crazy to start this year. Big classes for me, I got work and I got practice and games now."

"Mhm, you think you will take me home tonight?" I was about to respond when Danny let out a loud whistle.

"Ayo, Val gal, get your sexy ass and your friend over here." Everyone in our group looked between Danny and Val, as well as a few around us. I looked around Katherine to see that Val is here. She's in these two toned jeans, one side is bleached and has rips down the legs, exposing her smooth thighs. Val is also wearing a little red crop top shirt that blends well with her strawberry blond hair. She walked over with her friend, who has curly brown hair and a seductive stare. She was staring down Danny.

"Danny boy is it? I've heard all about you."

"You have? My Val gal talks about me." I looked between them all confused. Val rolled her eyes and gave Danny a kiss on the cheek. They talked in hushed tones before she pulled away nodding. She noticed Wren and waved to him.

"Hey, Wren. I was wondering where you were." At this moment I wanted to hide. I didn't want her to see Katherine on my lap. I didn't want her to know Katherine was my girlfriend. But why wouldn' I want her to know that? She and Brock have been living it up in my absence. I wrapped an arm around Katherine as Wren and Val talked. Kayla, beside Wren pouted when he got up and began walking Val inside to get a drink. Val looked back for her friend when she saw me. I tugged Katherine closer and I could have sworn I saw pain flicker through her green orbs. She blinked a few times before calling out. "Mal! We're going to get a drink."