Twenty Three | Reilly

Katherine managed to weasel her way into the event. I'm fucking pissed. All I want to do right now is find Valerie. She's all I want to find in this moment. Be with. "Katherine, why the hell are you here?" I have sweat dripping down my back, my high from winning is getting drowned by her bleached extensions. Where is Valerie?

Some of the guys looked over and Brock stopped looking over my shoulder and to me. "What do you mean. This is amazing Reilly, I'm here to support."

"We're not together." I stepped away from her and yanked my arm from her grasp. Her friends Kayla and Sky gasped.

"I didn't think you were... Reilly seriously?" She blinked and then crossed her arms. "I thought you were just pissed off. That's a really rude way to shake someone off! Asshole."

"You only care about my ability to go pro, so why the fuck does it matter?" She squinted her eyes at me before standing up straighter. She tossed her hair over her shoulder and her friends stood beside her.

"Wait, so if you and Katherine aren't together, where the fuck have you been all weekend Goldy?" Lucas said. He came up and draped an arm around my shoulder.

"Excuse me?!"

"It's not even your business, Katherine. Goodbye." I turned and looked at Lucas.

"Been tracking me have you?"

"A little. Even Brock had questions on Saturday." I looked over to him and his mouth was ajar. His eyes showing me knew he let out a hollow laugh.

"She left by the way. We'll talk later and on the plane. And on the bus ride."

"Now what the fuck are you taking about?" Lucas turned to him in pure confusion. Ben walked by shaking his head and patted his shoulder. "Do you know Benny Boy?" He chased after him, walking out of the arena.

"How do you know she left?"

"Because she says your quote on quote girlfriend hanging off your arm. Let's find a way for you to fix this. And it starts with when she actually got here and not when she emerged from her hotel room." He pulled me with him out the door, I grunted and hoisted my bag closer to me.

"I need to call her or something."

"Let's craft a message in the room. Ritual wasn't it?"

"Well.. I mean I guess it started that way?" I blinked and looked to him as he began to enter the bus. "Fuck me." I sighed, knowing and feeling now why she is retreating. "Is she really going to be gone when we get to the hotel?"

"Yes." The grave look on his face shows me what I already know. I've dug a grave and I need to climb out of it groveling. Fuck me.

When we got back to our room Brock leaned against the table with the TV on it. "Explain to me what happened. We can damage control it here with a message. I can help out, but Reilly?"

"I need to grovel. I know." I laid back on the bed and tossed an arm over my eyes. "She came looking for you Friday. You had already gone down, so I told her that. I was fucking freaking out. My whole body was taught with nerves. I mean we're playing at TD fucking Garden. I was so nervous about us getting our asses handed to us. I couldn't tie my tie.

She helped calm my nerves, sharing some positive words really. Then... then the air shifted and ... yeah I guess we continued the ritual but I honestly thought it was an excuse. A way for us to get back together. To start the conversation. We spent majority of Saturday in her room, under the covers and we didn't talk about the past. A lot of emotions were running through my head but she wanted to talk about them when we get back. Leave Boston for our rekindling." I stopped talking and looked over to Brock. He shook his head and sat down next to me.