Thirteen | Reilly

I watched Valerie stare at Brock on the bench with concern. That Roland guy showed up and was talking to Roxanne. Her partner was supposed to be here, apparently. I followed the bead of sweat that dripped down her back and took in her physique. She's so fucking hot. Her hair is back in two braids dangling over the back of her sport bra. It was a navy color and complimented her pale skin. Her legs go for miles in her matching leggings. I licked my lips when she turned this way meeting my gaze. Her nipples are hard. Fuck. She turned around 180 when someone called out to her. She squealed and ran at him.

I looked the guy up and down. He's in black joggers and a team USA sweatshirt. "Someone call for the best partner ever?"

"Grayson! Thank god!" He picked her up and spun her around, her legs wrapping around him. He held her up with his hand on her ass and I felt my blood boil. Until I remembered where I knew him from. I met him over Spring break at the USA skating picnic. Grayson was actually the one to set it up because he retired.

And he brought his boyfriend. I felt calmer knowing that she picked someone that matched her personality well and not this Max person I read about online. He has some majorly hidden sex charges against him. Grayson saw me on the bench and nodded. When Valerie saw she frowned at me and whispered to Grayson. He raised his eyebrows and I grunted looking over to Brock who was skating on the ice with some freshman. I stood up and took the ice, passing by Valerie and Grayson. I skimmed the top of the back of her leggings as I went by and I heard her audible gasp. I swallowed my desire and got to work.

🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷🔷

I saw Valerie rub her face and lean into Grayson, walking out of the rink. They've been pulling longer ice sessions lately. I opened the doors and made my way to the gym to meet up with Brock. I'm worried about Valerie being entered in the Olympics as a solo and with a partner. I mean this isn't some national competition, it's the Olympics. Wouldn't you want your skater putting their all into two routines rather than four or five? I couldn't remember how many the pairs do, I guess it depends on what they get signed up for.

When I walked in the gym Brock was putting weight on the bar. "Hey." He greeted me. We've been doing well. Cordial. I think this weekend is going to test some things. It's parents and alumni weekend. I'm assuming his dad... our father is coming and that will cause a string of things.

"Hey, you're mom coming this weekend? I haven't seen momma Melissa in a few years."

"Yeah. I think I have to pick her up at the airport." I shrugged off the conversation and Brock watched me lay down on the bench and reach for the bar.

"Uh, okay. Do you ... do you not talk to her?"

"Not really."

"Oh."

"Are your parents coming?" Brock laughed and made me pause in my reps. Why would he laugh?

"Fuck no, dude. My family is Valerie. She's the only family we listed for this thing. If they show up, I told her I'm leaving." I blinked up at him, but could see from the way he was grinding his jaw not to ask more. I guess we both have some major parent issues. Huh.

After my reps Brock started his. "Speaking of Valerie. She's really pushing herself isn't she?" I said it in a light tone. I'm curious. I crave to know how she is doing and handling these routines. If she's hitting what she wants to hit. Especially with a partner. She doesn't skate with partners.

"Huh." Brock sat up and turned to me. "What's with the curiosity." I shrugged and avoided his gaze, taking a swig of my Gatorade. "If you care about her, you'd talk to her yourself."