CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"I AM SORRY," he whispered. His arm enveloped her as he pulled her closer and kissed her forehead. Ang leeg at katawan nito'y puno ng pawis.

"Para saan?"

"You were right when you said I was one of those who thought of you promiscuous... even atfifteen." Guilt and regret laced his voice as he pulled her closer and kissed her forehead.

"I had never allowed anyone to touch and kiss where you touched and kissed, Gael."

"I know that now. I know, too, that you lusted after me, baby." She wrinkled her nose and he grinned. "I knew it would only a matter of time before we ended up in bed. But your virginity was a surprise." May kakaibang bahid ng pagmamalaki sa tinig nito. "What made you change your mind?"

"Mag-asawa na tayo. Despite the circumstances of our marriage, I believe that I should allow you the privileges of my gorgeous body as my husband. At ano ba ang pinakamagandang pagkakataon para ialok ko sa iyo iyon kundi ngayon?"

"Gorgeous. Hmm."

"Don't you think so?" May ngiting nakapaloob sa tinig niya. "Natatandaan kong mas preferred mo ang mga babaeng ala-Pamela Anderson."

He chuckled. Ang mga daliri nito'y pumaloob sa buhok niya at itiningala siya, kissed her lips carnally. Then, "Preference can be changed. And who wants a Pamela Anderson kind when I have you? Yes, baby. Your body is more than just gorgeous. It's dazzling, exquisite, and delicious—"

"Delicious?"

Dark Spanish eyes bored into hers. "Didn't I just taste all of you and can't even get enough?" This time his teasing had gone and there was that fire that started to burn in his eyes.

Her sex throbbed against her stomach. A tingling heat flowed down to the most private of her parts. She moaned silently and nuzzled her nose against his still-wet chest. They just made love and she wanted him again! And if it was of any consolation, may katugon kay Gael ang panganga-ilangan niya.

"I want you again, baby..." he murmured, poked his member against the softness of her stomach. "You're sore. Can you take me again this soon?"

She purred her answer. She pressed her body closer to him and she threw her arm around him. And softly, her fingers started caressing her back. Nang bigla siyang matigilan. Just as he did. Tumingala siya.

Nakatitig din ito sa kanya na tila inaasahan na ang magiging reaksiyon niya. Ang pagnanasa sa mga mata nito'y iglap na naglaho na tila apoy na binuhusan ng tubig. Ang humalili'y angpakikiraan ng galit sa mga mata nito, tulad din noon sa dagat nang makita siyang nanghihilakbot na nakatitig sa likod nito.

"S-saan mo nakuha ang mga pilat na ito?" she asked carefully in a voice that was just above whisper.

A muscle flicked at his jaw. Pinakawalan siya nito at tumihaya. Tumitig sa kisame. Iniisip niyang hindi na ito magsasalita dahil mahabang sandali ang lumipas na nanatili itong tahimik. Gusto niya itong abutin at yakapin subalit inawat niya ang sarili. Kinakabahan siya sa biglang pagbabago ng anyo nito.

Then gruffly, he started to speak. "Nang umalis ako rito ay sa Maynila ako nagtuloy. For five or six months I hopped from one job to another. Hanggang sa matanggap akong correspondent sa isang foreign newspaper na nakabase sa Malaysia..."

"My father told me you were assigned in the Middle East."

Tumango ito, bahagya na siyang sinulyapan. "Sa war zone area. Naroon ako sa loob ng pitong taong mahigit. May grupo ng mga rebelde na walang pakialam kung miyembro ka ng press o hindi. More than a year ago, hinuli ako kasamang isa pang miyembro ng media mula sa ibang newspaper. Pinaghinalaan kaming mga espiya.