⚝𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

Thank you guys for 1.6K followers and 16K on this book💕

5:49 PM
THE KIRBY/WILLIAMS RESIDENCE
AK'S POV.

5:49 PMTHE KIRBY/WILLIAMS RESIDENCE AK'S POV

⚝ ⚝ ⚝

I SIGHED AS I CONTINUED TO watch whatever was on the TV. My mom was getting ready for work, and I wanted to get her attention before she went out the door. I wanted to talk to her about the other day. It's been so awkward in the house and I just want to fix things. Plus, I'm not even going to lie, I do miss talking to her.

It was finally Thursday. Luckily I don't have classes on Fridays, so it was my day off from school. We did nothing but heavy work these past few days. I just couldn't stand being there anymore. It was kind of awkward with me and Namra, the school work already had me stressing and bored, and Jazz kept continuing to bother me.

At this point, I was just overwhelmed with everything. A break was most definitely needed. I was already so fed up with school, I didn't want to have to come home to a bunch of mess either so I knew I had to fix things with my mom.

My thoughts were interrupt with my mom coming into the living room. She looked at me before sighing. She slipped on her nurse scrubs at the door, "See you guys." She said before she was about to walk out the door but I had stopped her before doing so. "Hey mom." I got her attention quickly.

She stopped in her tracks and turning around to look at me, "Yes?" She almost said with desperation. I just know she wants to talk to me as bad as I want to talk to her.

"I wanna talk to you." I sighed, "It won't be long." I said quietly. I knew she had to go to work and I knew that she couldn't be late. Especially with the job of being a nurse. But, I couldn't wait. I had to talk to her as soon as possible.

Mom sighed and sat on the couch, "Yes, Hija?"

I played with my fingers and joined her on the couch, "Look mama." I trailed off, "I don't want to fight with you. I don't like fighting with you. You're my literal best friend. I wanna apologize for the way I talked to you. It was disrespectful." I said truthfully.

Mom sighed, "Thank you, baby." She grabbed my hand, "And no I'm sorry. I should've respected your decision and didn't have him to come. I just want peace so bad with you guys, you know?" She said sadly.

"Mom." I sighed, "It's just not happening. And that's okay. I'm not a little girl anymore it's not a priority. I'm a grown woman with my on self to worry about. I got my mom.." I squeezed her hand, "..And my brother. That's all I need ma. I promise I'm good." I reassured her.

My mom eyes teared up.

"Maaaaaaaa." I whined, "Don't cry." We leaned in and hugged each other.