⚝𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾

Chapter kind of short for my liking! I'll try to update again tomorrow.

Now why the twitter gc lowkey a flop- if y'all don't drop y'all twitter @'s 😒

NEW YORK
7:57 PM
AK'S POV.

NEW YORK7:57 PMAK'S POV

⚝ ⚝ ⚝

I SIGHED as I held my papa's hand. I had been sobbing all night. Finding out papa had been diagnosed with cancer was absolutely the worst news i've ever received in my life. They were only giving him a few months if procedures didn't go well. They caught it kind of early and kind of late so they're doing their best to treat him.

Now that I think about it, this explains all the coughing he was doing on Thanksgiving. Not to mention he barley even wanted to eat any of the food on his plate. He kept saying he just wasn't hungry but I think deep down, he knew something was wrong.

He was connected to all these different tubes and wires. He looked so physically drained and it was so unsettling to look at. He's never looked this bad before. Papa was always sharp as a thumb tack.

It was just me and grandma in the room with him. She was sitting on one of the soft sofas, sleep. She had gone through a long day and night so she definitely needed some rest. As soon as Camrin came, he left. I don't think he could stand seeing grandpa in this type of position. Mom said she was going down to the lobby for some time and space to think. I guess she needed some alone time.

I totally get it though. I didn't want to be bothered either. Jenn had been blowing up my phone so I just powered my phone off. I hope she didn't think I was upset at her with something but right now, in this moment, it was the least of my worries. I'll talk to her later.

I took a deep breath as tears kept flowing down my face. I don't know what i'd do if I lost my grandpa. I need him. "I just want you to hear this." I sniffed, "Please don't give up on us." I squeezed his hand. "I'll love you till your last breath. Till the last drop past death. I promise." I said.

I was hoping he'd just wake up and tell me this whole thing was a sick prank but I was disappointed. He had no choice but to rest. He was so weak. According to my mom, grandma came back from the store to find grandpa unconscious on the bathroom floor.

Imagine how terrifying that was for her. She must've almost had a heart attack, thinking he was probably dead or something.

"Please." I pleaded, squeezing his hand but not too hard, "Don't give up." I closed my eyes and once again said a quick prayer for my grandpa. I had been doing that all morning. I'm pretty sure everyone has been doing that all morning.

Suddenly, I heard screams come from the room next to us. I got up quickly, walking out. It was a woman who was being dragged out the room by a few doctors and nurses. She was crying, "Mommy!" She yelled whilst screaming and scratching at the doctors.