Chapter 1: Happiness by accident

This story follows the timeline of the show IPKKND. However, soon after the marriage contract expires, Khushi disappears.What happens if star-crossed lovers meet after 5 years?Can their pain and betrayal surpass their love?============It was Khushis and Payals fathers' birthday and the Raizada decided to celebrate it at the Guptas.Who knew life would have another plan?

And as fate could have it, Raizadas decided to surprise Shashi Gupta for his birthday. Raizadas were surprised to find a kid, probably 5 years old, at the Guptas. And what surprised them the most is his resemblance, though none could pinpoint to whom.

"Sorry, aunty. We got late led by traffic. Di, come fast" said an early 20s lad entering the Guptas and was surprised to find guests at homeShe exclaimed "Oh great! We got company.DI (yelling out) Are you coming or what?? "Then, a late 20s lad enters carrying a cake box and some colourful balloons, coming. "What's the need to hurry like this??" she exclaimed and the kid run towards her. She ruffled his hair, causing him to smile.

The other lad excitedly said " I'm so excited. That's why."The Raizada were shocked to see them and Arnav was the most. It was Khushi, the woman he loved, who always contradicted him in everything and made him do the unthinkable. It was her, after 5 freaking years. Looking at the kid, he wondered. Could he be our son??

Khushi too was shocked to find the Raizadas. She had left that home, soon after her contract marriage expired and she was unable to prove her innocence. Today, she decided that she did enough hiding and decided to surprise her father for his birthday and instead she ends up getting surprised. She scanned every member of the Family. Everyone looks familiar but still different. She took the kid in her arms and ignoring the Raizadas and their pleas, went to her father.

She said: "Let's celebrate your birthday fast. I have some urgent work to do."The other lad pouted: "But di, we just got here and Aarav (ruffing his hair causing him to pout annoyed) loves it here. Can we stay a bit longer??"

Uncomfortable with the Raizadas, the atmosphere was pretty intense and Khushi replied: "NO TARA .maybe some other day"

As soon as the celebrations got over, Khushis left as fast as her legs carry her with her baby. It was the worst day of her life. Raizadas and her sister, Payal kept pleading with her to come back and she, kept her poker face, void of any emotions.

AT Khushi's house, Khushi feared this day would come. She didn't want to meet him. She wanted to hate him but she loves him nevertheless.A/N 455 words!

Date published - 16 March 2023