Epilogue (and new story)

Attention to all my readers:
I also have another story- "You are my destiny". You can find it on my profile
The story is about two enemies getting into a secret marriage for the sake of their mutual friend's child. What follows is a series of misunderstood feelings and lots of love.

(This story was in my draft since 2019 and finally, I thought I publish it to hear people's thoughts)

I have another story - "Unexpected Love". The story centers around Tara and Sid who didn't have the best first meeting. But, turns out their parents are looking forward to their arranged marriage.

Please do check it out if you are interested.

Thank you once again.
Hope you meet you soon in another story.
(Perhaps oneshots)

A/N:
Actually intended to continue the story but I couldn't think for better open ended finale.
This was supposed to be an epilogue however turns out to be less than an epilogue. I may end up rewriting it once again.

A/N Wooooooh!! 2.7k views and 203 votes.
And as of 27 Feb 2023, story rankings
#50 ipkknd (out of 1.91k stories) &
#85 arnav (out of 2.15k stories)

Thank you for taking your time for reading my story.
Thank you everyone for your votes and comments.
I tried to note down everyone who voted (Aplogies if I missed your name)
Lachu_shri
Princessaarya18
Nikkiieeee
Aathy143
PariKapoor7
Mayamadhymuvanthi
KaniBala5
Zarius
ArathiTs
MaYawazai
Mitra6
Arshi0099
Paianjalir
Nissii1234
Sangeethbala
User44828241
Avni456
Arshipoochu
Poopyrabha
UmuEmmaJalloh
*
*
*

Happy reading!
Hope you enjoyed the story.

(Now back to the epilogue)

(Three years later)
Khushi's POV
I stand in front of big picture of Nani with fresh garlands on the top of the frame. She had passed away 2 days ago in her sleep peacefully.

Our families were all together for this somber occasion.
Akash, Payal and Pari had moved to Italy since Akash took over the Italy operations of AR designs.
Mami and Mama(Akash's father) soon followed them, wanting to some their old years with their only granddaughter, Pari.

Di (Anjali) met Dr. Abhinav on one of AR charity fundraiser. Abhinav had lost his wife to cancer and was a proud single father to son, Akshay. Anjali and Abhinav soon hit off but were hesitant to marriage due to Akshay. They wanted to be sure for Akshay's sake. They finally got married last year (so they dated for 2 years before marriage). They had moved to Chennai.

Nk and Tara moved to Bangalore where Nk oversees AR designs and Tara looked at Malhotra designs. Married for three years now. They had adopted the cutest baby girl and named her as Khushi (after me, her adopted sister)

And my beloved brother (Aditya) and my sister in law, Manvi shifted their operations from London to Mumbai three years ago. Bhai bought a wonderful house few blocks away from us. They have a cutest little princess named Aditi. The two musketeers that is bhai (Aditya) and me (Khushi) met up most Sunday for brunch (even though the two of them work together). We leave our kids with our partners and it's always fun and relaxing.

Nani stayed with us since Aarav and Nani were close. So was Arnav but he never openly admitted it. But I am sure that Nani knows the truth.

And finally, Me, Khushi Kumari Gupta(or Neha Malhotra). I am working for Malhotra design (Aditya's company where Khushi and Tara are shareholders) overseeing designing team. And.... married my ex-husband and the father of my child, Arnav. At first, we both were hesitant to put a name on our relationship since there was so much history of pain and regret. While I had proudly worn the ring (that Arnav had proposed with) for the past 3 years, I was not ready to get married.
After all, my first marriage didn't work, remember.
Finally after much thought and intense dilemma, we got married three months ago.
Both of us had wanted a small wedding but unfortunately bhai (Aditya) and di (Anjali) were adamant to have a grand wedding.

However, both me and Arnav stood our ground and ended up having a simple wedding. It was perfect, unfussy and intimate. Aarav was super excited and happy for us. That was the last time that the families had gathered in recent years and now for Nani's funeral.

(That night, after the funeral services and prayers)
Arnav's POV
I watched my wife (yes, you read it correctly the first time. MY WIFE) look over from our balcony and glaze over the stars.
There was a new star twinkling in the night sky, apart from the usual ones ( It was symbolic meaning that Nani was in heaven with their parents)

"Khushi" I called her, breaking her trance
"Let's go to bed" I continued

She nodded and we went to bed, in each other's embrace. Tired but ready for whatever tomorrow brings.
(A/N: Aarav sleeps in his own room)

Aarav's POV
A shooting star just flew past. Similar to one that flew by 4 years. (Just months before the time of Arnav's family first met Aarav at Khushi's adopted father's birthday)
My wish finally came true.
My family is whole again.

The End....

*
*
*
*
*
*

A/N
Tada, I know it's crappy but I wanted to tie up loose end. And show progress in characters (I really hate when TV series don't know the side character's story.)
With regards to Anjali's story, I had taken into consideration which two of my readers envisioned.
Thank you and !!

Looking forward tohearing your thoughts on this story in the comments. Appreciate it.
Please do vote for this story.
Thanks for reading !!

A/N
Tada, I know it's crappy but I wanted to tie up loose end. And show progress in characters (I really hate when tv series dont know the side character's story.)
With regards to Anjali's story, I had taken into consideration which two of my readers envisioned.
Thank you paianjalir and mayamadhuvanthi !!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this story in the comments. Appreciate it.
Please do vote for this story.
Thanks for reading !!

Thank you to everyone who has stayed consistent to reading my story since its beginning.
Tried to write up as many names as I could (Aplogize if I missed any)
Nissili1234
Zarius
Sangeethbala
Megha332
User44828241
Kani Bala5
Mita6
Arshi0099
Mayamadhuvanthi
Painjalir
Pujakumari648
Avni456
Arshipoochu
DesydesteriaAndrea
SriNiteesha
Darling21894
Apdevil
Kanibala5
Mayamadhuvanthi
Sonalishrivastava3
Shashwatsakshi
Priti_kp
User44828241
Mouniprashu
Hazal_florex
Arshi0099
Sangeethbala
Koyalpari
Paianjalir
Mitra6
SumathiCDas
anishasharath
Mbutola
Pujakumari468
Zaruis
Avni456
Arshipoochu
Poopyrabha

Book cover ~ April 2023