Chapter 7 Blast from the past

Next day

The first thing Arnav did was call up the lawyer and withdraw the custody .How he wished this day had been a week day .She would have come to office and he would have apologized to her But damn it , toady had to be a Sunday , a holiday .And he honestly didn't know how to apologized through phone , yet he tried to call but it went straight to voicemail

Sundays always meant movie afternoons at Gupta's.

Soon after lunch , buaji headed for nap and Garima and Sashi were talking about their good old days .

Khushi and Aarav sat on their favourite bean bag with Aarav next to her and Tara was completing her college assignments and simultaneously watched the animation movie .

Just then the door bell rang .Garima opent the door , surprised to find Nani and Arnav at their door step .

"Please come in .Have a seat "

Arnav scanned the house to find a glimpse of Khushi and Aarav but no luck .

Nani informed " We are came to speak to Khushi betiya "

Sashi knew why " Woh .please forgive her about yesterday .She acted furious since she was scared of losing him "

Nani " No no .I totally understand her "

Garima called Khushi , who was in the other room but all in vain

"She's watching a movie with Tara and Aarav . Sometimes she just forgets the whole world "

Garima led them to Khushi's room only to find Khushi and Tara immensely engrossed in the movie and Aarav sleeping on his mother's lap.

Arnav wished that he could be in this bubble with his family .

Fed of calling their names , Garima turnt off the television earning

'Ma !!"

Khushi and Tara screaming quietly not wanting to wake up Aarav , only to find Arnav and Nani .

Arnav wanted to clarify that he didn't apply for the custody but Khushi was in no mood to talk .

"What ??"

Nani sat next Khushi and said " Khushi betiya ( strolling Aarav's hair making him smile in his Sleep ) .Chote didn't apply for the custody .He in fact that he had no clue "

Khushi searched in Arnav's eyes(who stood beside the door full of guilt written all over his face) to check the fact .she got lost in those brown eyes and found nothing but love and guilt .

"I'm sorry .I was just scared and over reacted" she replied honestly with tears about to roll down her pearl eyes

Arnav just wanted to run to her , hug her , wipe those damn tears and kiss her tight.

But he stood helpless .

Nani "Khushi betiya .I'm getting old and I just want to spend some time with Aarav at Shantivaan. "

Khushi "Nani but ..." looking at Arnav as he stood with guilt

Nani cupped her face " Khushi betiya , pls do it for me ..for your old Nani "

She looked at her father and he nodded in positive .

Just then Aarav stirred up from sleep and surprised to find Nani and his dad.

He gestured as who they are (though he knew but wanted to know what his mumma will say) Khushi replied in gestures as Nani and family

That's when Arnav realized that he had to learn this language fast!!

Arnav's joy knew no bound when Khushi allowed Aarav to stay with him for two weeks. Everyone else except Arnav and Khushi had left for snacks.

Arnav hesitantly asked her "and you??"

"What about me ?" she asked.

"You are not coming??" he meekly asked ..he wanted her to come too.Damn it shes his wife.oops ex wife

Khushi
'I need some time .Besides, I will not be at town during that period since I will be at Naintal for a conference."

"Khushi,I will wait.." he said

"How long will you wait ?" she screamed.

"My entire life damn it" Arnav whispered looking straight into her eyes

Khushi walked away , with no reply.

Everyone was overjoyed hearing the news .

They stayed till dinner .Arnav watched his son talked through gestures and Khushi and Tara took turns to decode .

A/N Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts down in the comments.