Chapter 11 Dad's home

The big day when Aarav Singh Raizada will stay at RM for 2 weeks and preparation were on full swing.The mansion was full cleaned and looks spotless.

Arnavs anxiety to have his son increased and he was literally boucing with joy.

Back at Khushi's place

Khushi was busy packing Aaravs things as he observed his mother.There was sadness in her eyes .He will obviously miss his mumma but he was very excited to stay with his dad.

"Be a good boy .No pranks .Make mumma proud" Khushi gestured him on the way to RM

Hp opened the door to welcome Khushi and Aarav .Khushi looked around to find the house beautifully decorated and the entire family gathered to welcome them.

Nani insisted Khushi to have lunch with them but she poilently refused since she needed to catch a flight later that evening.Kissing her champ good bye , she walked out of RM with a heavy heart.

Was she doing the right thing for Aarav ??she wondered.

Aarav was basically a mixture of both his parents.He was an introvert with new people and will take time to warm up to new people .He was an extrovert with people he knew .The only people he knew well was obviously his dad (whom he meets often at work and at the garden),Nk and Akash uncle.

He went to his dads room and scanned every corner of the room .From the looks of his room , he was boring .The only thing that caught his eye was a photo of his mom and dad dancing with colours smeared on their face.Perhaps it was their first Holi.And the other photo was smiling Khushi and Anjali.

He examined the photo very closely . He had never seen his dad smile this bright and his mother ..she looked very young and happy.

And there were golden stars hanging the wall (Stars reminded Khushi of her biological parents. And she had hung up on the wall when she was married to Arnav. In the 5 years, Arnav never took it off the wall since it reminded him of Khushi)

Arnav knew how to handle business clients but his loved ones.

Arnav "So?" he gestured

Aarav shrugged his shoulders and replied " I hope you are not as boring as your room "

"What the"causing Aarav to giggle.

(Aarav can also read from the lip movements )

Aarav saw his dads plants and asked him if he could water them.

Arnav nodded in happiness , seeing his son tend to his plants gently.

#Note In RM , ONLY Arnav can speak the sign language and Nk knows very little.Rest of them talk little slowly to Aarav so that he can  interpret their lip movements (Strict orders from Khushi )

During snacks Ladies at RM made all sorts of snacks and sweets for their Chote's son , causing Pari to wonder if it was Diwali. (Pari is one year younger than Aarav )

Aarav stared at the table and was reaching glass for water

Anjali "Aarav , you don't eat spicy ??"

Aarav nodded sheepishly in positive causing Anjali to chuckle and say "It's okay .Even your dad doesn't eat spicy ."

Mami "Like son Like father "

Nk who joined the table " Like father like son .

Mami ." Mami "Hello hi bye bye .Same to same "

Causing everyone including Arnav to chuckle .

Arnav woke up in the middle of night , thirsty for water and was shocked to see Aarav not sleeping on their bed. Instead, he was standing near the poolside window gazing at the stars as raindrops rolled down the window pane.

Arnav silently got up , pulled up the recliner (next to Aarav) and sat on it. Aarav saw his dad awake but the duo spoke nothing . They just continued to gaze the night sky with rain showers pouring the pane.

Suddenly the thunder rolled and Aarav run into Arnav's arms.Arnav held Aarav in his arms ,patting his son's shoulders.Aarav slowly looked at Arnav with tears in his eyes.Arnav then realized that the thunder must have woke up his son and maybe he missed his mother.

Just then Aarav's phone vibrated on the sidetable.Arnav picked up the phone seeing it was Khushi video calling them. Aarav sat on Arnav's lap as Arnav answered the call .

The screen showed a very sleepy Khushi in her pyjamas, smiling at the screen despite her sleepness.

Khushi was surprised to see Aarav woke at this late hour of night. And what was more surprising was Aarav sitting on Arnav's lap resting his head on Arnav's shoulders.

Khushi gestured that it was raining cats and dogs at Naintal (where she is there for the family trip) and suddenly there was a thunder.

She continued that it made her think about Aarav as he's scared of them.

Arnav smiled as Khushi yawned through the gestures. His smile made Khushi melt more and she avoided looking at his eyes.

Khushi went on to gesture that she had called him to check on him .

The video call went on with Aarav gesturing on the events of day and how much fun he had ,with Arnav prompting properly details so as to not worry his already-wife.

Khushi too went on about the trip and how her parents loved the trip.She also complained on Buaji pulling her ears.

The trio then talked about random things. Arnav had his eyes only on Khushi and he would occassionly ruffle through Aarav's thick strands of hair(which slowly made Aarav fall asleep on his shoulder making Khushi smile more). Soon , it was just Arnav and Khushi.

As Aarav's head rested on Arnav's chest , Khushi said :" Carry on. Put Aarav to bed and go to sleep.I will catch you later."

Arnav said , sliding the poolside door letting the cool breeze hit his face :"Its fine , Khushi.I liked it like this (as Aarav tossed in his sleep and cuddled him into his daddy's shoulders).Are you seeing the night sky , like me ?"

Khushi" Yea . Looking at our parents"

Arnav " Khushi. You know when I was kidnapped , I used to look at the stars and see my mom on them. And the past five years , everything I look at the night sky , I remember you. Guess you were always there with you."he confessed

Khushi didn't know how to respond to it and so quickly faked a yawn .She informed Arnav that she was tired and quickly ended the call.

As Arnav stared at the blank screen of Aarav's phone , he looked at the night sky and thought

" Did I hurt you so much that you are scared to love me again"

On the other end , Khushi wiped that lone tear that escaped her eye and said to herself:

" I don't want to get hurt again"

The next day , as Anjali went to Arnav's room , she found the cutest picture. Arnav was sleeping on the recliner facing the poolside , with Aarav on his shoulders.

Seeing that it was almost time for work , she woke Arnav up not before clicking a picture with her mobile.

Arnav tucked Aarav to bed and headed for shower. After dressing up , he found Aarav still sleeping and tried to wake him.He spoke " Come on. Buddy . Wake up . Daddy needs help with his tie"

A/N 1199 words

A/N Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts down in the comments.