Chapter 25 Arnav

A/N
Story rankings
23rd Feb 2023 -#108 arnav (Out of 2.15k stories)

And, 2.83k views and 166 votes!
Woah, so grateful. Thank you 

Thank you for taking your time for reading my story.
Thank you everyone for your votes and comments.
I tried to note down everyone who voted (Aplogies if I missed your name)
Nissili1234
Zarius
Sangeethbala
Megha332
User44828241
Kani Bala5
Mita6
Arshi0099
Mayamadhuvanthi
Painjalir
Pujakumari648
Avni456
Arshipoochu

Thank you for all your comments. Loved reading them

Now, back to story.

(Same day as Tara's birthday)
Arnav's POV
As I watched Khushi and Aarav enjoying themselves at Tara's birthday, I couldn't help but think what if..
Today would have been our 5 year wedding anniversary. Technically 5.5 years.
Half year anniversary
The end date of my contract marriage, just 5 years later
The day Khushi left me
The day my heart was no longer with me.

And what if I had trusted in Khushi and not blamed her for Di(Anjali)'s miscarriage.
What if Khushi hadn't disappear at the day our contact marriage ended.
What if she had stayed and we had found out that she was pregnant
Just what if..
Everything was my fault.
I put on my regular smile but inside, my heart was breaking and weeping at my loss.

That night, we had returned home late and I found Mr. Teddy. Aarav has given the teddy that name. I liked it much to his delight.

A/N The teddy was given by Khushi. She had won for Arnav in the fair. (Read chapter 19 for more details)

I took teddy into my arms and hugged it to sleep.

Nani's POV
(A/N Nani is Arnav and Anjali's grandmother)

I watched through the door slit as Arnav hugged to sleep. Nk told me that Khushi had got it for him.
Khushi had left our home today 5 years ago. What if the duo had resolved their issues?
We could have been with Aarav since his birth and Arnav would be in a better place.
I pray to the almighty to send some blessings to Arnav and Khushi.

(Next day in office)
Arnav's POV
I cancelled my meetings for the day except the one with Khushi. I couldn't concentrate. My mind and eyes kept wandering to Khushi who was keenly discussing with my team.
What if she hadn't left me 5 years ago.
What if she had voiced her concerns and issues to me.
What if I had believed her

(After the meeting, around 6pm)
Khushi was just about to leave my cabinet when I called her.
I hesitantly asked her "Can we talk?"
Khushi looking at her phone, replied "sure" sitting in one of the chairs in front of my desk.
"Any issues with the design?" She asked.
"Not about work. About us. Can I take you out?"

(One hour later)
Khushi had gone home to freshen  up and I had picked her and was driving towards my mother's garden.

(In the car)
Both of us didn't talk anything. I was driving as though these familiar roads are picture perfect and new. And Khushi was staring outside the window. It was drizzling slightly.
All we could  hear was the rain sounds.

Clearing my lump in my throat for the tenth time, I said "Tara's birthday went well. I thought Nk would go over the board but thankfully Aarav kept in line"

Khushi still looking outside the window, nodded upon hearing.
There was the silence once again prevailing in the car along with the rhymes of rain.

"Someone had to be sensible and sane." Khushi whispered

I understood the other meaning behind her words. Had I been sensible enough to ask her about shyam, we wouldn't have got marriage forcibly and Khushi wouldn't have left home.