Chapter 27 New beginnings

(Few months later)
Arnav & Aarav had been planning a surprise for Khushi.Aarav made sure that Khushi would come to her mother's tomstones.

Khushi's POV

Pulling out a velvet box and opened it , he said looking into my eyes.

Inside was shiny ring, white gold, with a small, simple stone on the top.

" It belonged to my mother.I hope you give me another chance to do this right. I want you to have this"

My heart nearly skipped beating. Of course, I have forgiven him and we have definitely moved past our differenences.

But Am I ready to commit ??

Will Aarav be okay with it ??

Just then, Aarav gave me a thumbs up with a big wide smile

I swear sometimes I think that my son is freaking mind reader.

Arnav's POV

I watch Aarav give his approval to accept to Khushi.

I'm so touched by the gesture.

I watch as Khushi tucked that annoying strand of hair and look straight into my eyes.

My heart starts to race .

The little furrow between her eyebrows seems to have evened out.

I watch her as the frown on her lips turn into a straight line.

And into a killer smile

And just when I thought my heart couldn't handle any more , she says after a final look at her parents' gravestones

"Okay"

Aarav threw himself on my arms kissing my cheeks and moved on to Khushi's shoulders kissing Khushi's cheeks making her giggle.

God I wish I could stay in this bubble forever.

Khushi's POV

His hands were shaking as he slipped the ring into my finger.

Slipping the ring into my finger, he said sheepishly

"She wanted her daughter in law to have it. I guess it finally found its owner after all these years" making my breath hitch

I breathed admiring the simple yet classy ring

"It's really beautiful. Thank you"

"No Khushi. Thank you for coming into my life and make me to do the impossible. To challenge me yet support me always. I love you Khushi." He said kissing my cheeks , making me giggle like a high school teenager.

Aarav made sure that we took a lot of photos and selfies to celebrate the moment.

As Arnav and Aarav head towards the car, I make a final stop at my parents' grave and say

" I hope you are proud of me" she said looking at the sky above.

Just then a gentle breeze hit her making her smile go wide.

The End
Hope you enjoyed the story.

A/N Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts down in the comments.

A/N 442 words!!

Working on epilogue :)
Stay tuned