Chapter 17 My dead grandmother

Arnav's POV
Aarav and I had gone for lunch. To be honest, my appetite has minimal in the past few days, for obvious reasons.
Khushi's silence and her tears.
Seeing her body attached to millions of wires.

After lunch, Aarav dragged me to meet Khushi.
Honestly, I've been dying to meet up but kept my distance. I felt guilty for putting her and Aarav through everything. They deserve someone better than me.

As I enter Khushi's room, I see Khushi slumped against recliner reading a novel. She's wearing spectacles. Since when?? She's so cute despite looking pale and fragile.

Raising her head from the novel, she looks shocked and surprised to see me. Does she want me here or will her brother kill me already.
Say something Khushi please.

Clearing my throat, words are not coming out of my mouth.
Finally after felt like 10 mins, I said - "Hi" meekly
Khushi looks at him as though I'm an alien.

I shouldn't have come here. As I turn to walk out off her room, I hear her sweet voice saying "Hi"

"Aarav came over and we had lunch. I thought I will drop him here" i stammered.

"You had lunch?" I asked her.

She nodded weekly.

"I should get going then" I say. However, I dont want to go. Tell me to stay and give me one chance,Khushi.
Tell me something.
Yell at me.

Your silence is killing me, Khushi.

"Arnav" she calls me weakly.. even her weak low voice sets my heart racing yet making me calm.

"My number and address hasn't changed" she said and went back to reading her book.

(Later that day, Arnav back in office)
"My number and address hasn't changed"
Her statement gave me hope. For a new beginning. For new promise. For a new future.
And I hope I dont screw it up.

(End of Arnav's POV)

Few days later,

Nani called Arnav to her room.Arnav on entering her room , saw her pacing back and forth.

"Nani , what's wrong ??"

"Chote , woh Dadi hai Na .She's missing from the ashram."
A/N- Dadi = Arnav's paternal grandmother

"What ?? how did this happened ?? When ??"

"I don't know, Chote.I just now got the call "

Aarav was playing catch with Pari , running around the dining table .

Hearing the calling bell, Pari looked at Aarav with mischief in her eyes.She ran towards the door and Aarav understood why .He raced her to the door , only to find an old lady dressed in white with glasses .

"Move !Out of my way !" She yelled .

Hearing the loud noise , Arnav and Nani rushed downstairs only to find Dadi.

Aarav ran towards Arnav hugging his legs(Arnav ran his fingers through Aarav's hair trying to comfort his slightly frightened son) and Pari ran towards Akash (who took her quickly in his arms ).

"Chote .(she rushed towards him) Akash How are you ?? I missed you a lot ." She tried to cup his cheeks but Arnav resisted and stiffed.

"Chote.Are you still angry with me ?You haven't forgiven me, haven't ? Chote , I'm sorry"

Arnav just walked away dragging the confused Aarav along with him .

Shutting his room door with a bang , Arnav stared blanky at the sky near the poolside while Aarav sat on his bed , looking worried at his quiet father.