|Two|

Footsteps came down the stairs and arrived into the kitchen. Courtney has entered the room.

"Frances!" The woman called in a stern voice. Frances got a little startled. Her head turning to face her mother.

"Yes?" Frances spoke. Kurt remained quiet. Now observing his daughter and wife.

"Is that my makeup box?"Courtney bellowed. Pointing her finger to it. Frances hesitantly nodded her little head.

Courtney scoffed. "Kurt! You didn't tell her no?!" She asked towards he husband. Noticing Kurt is wearing some makeup on his face.

Kurt held back a laugh as he shakes his head slowly. "...No?" He replied. Sounding more like a question.

Courtney rolled her eyes. "I told her no a few hours ago..." She admitted, face palming. But that was a lie.

Frances knew that was a lie, because in the morning when she asked. Courtney said it was fine and not to break anything.

"Oh." Kurt awkwardly replied, scratching the back of his blond head. Frances looked rather, scared however.

Courtney walked over. Picking up her lipstick, she undid the cap. Revealing the messed up product now.

"FRANCES BEAN!" Courtney shrieked out in shocked anger. Frances imediantly got teary eyed.

"Hey! I'm sure it was just  accidental." Kurt tried to calm his wife, but Courtney wasn't listening.

"My favorite lipstick is now ruined, Frances!" Courtney yelled at her daughter.

Kurt raised his voice a little. "Hey! Don't yell at our daughter like that!"
Courtney scoffed. "Oh shut up! You're not involved in this!"

Frances felt tears roll down her face as she watched her father stand. She hid herself behind Kurt.

Courtney huffed in agitated behavior as she shouted. "Go to your room, Frances! Right now!"

"But I wan' be here with daddy.." Frances whimpered but Courtney screamed again. "GO!"

The small child began to cry as she ran herself upstairs to her bedroom. The door being accidentally slammed shut.

Kurt heard the slamming of the door and sighed. He didn't want his daughter to go through this.

"Courtney, it's just some lipstick. I can go get you another one..." Kurt offered but his wife rolled her eyes.

"No, Pixie-Meat. Frances has to learn her lesson. She can't just use someone's stuff without asking for it." Courtney replied, moving some of hair out of her face.

"She did ask." Kurt replied. His wife rolled her eyes again as she replied. "No, she didn't."

Kurt scoffed. "Yeah, she did. She asked around uh.." He furrowed his eyebrows. Moving his jaw a bit as he thinks before speaking again.

"..Around the morning, you said it was fine. That's all I recall before crashing into sleep."

Courtney crossed her arms. "You always sleep. God, you're just a fucking lazy shit!"

Kurt felt his heart ache once he heard that. "Oh shut up! I'm not that lazy." He defended as he walked himself down the hall.

"Hey! Where are you going!?" Courtney screamed. Kurt didn't reply though, he just went up the stairs.

First he went into the bathroom, he wiped the makeup off his face.

Secondly, approached Frances's bedroom. He softly knocked on the door. "Bean..?"

He heard soft sobs on the other end. His heart pained. "Bean, can I come in..?" Kurt asks.

Frances recognized her father's voice. She lifted up her head on the other side.

She mumbled,

"Yes."