|Four|

"Sweetheart would you like a bath?" Courtney asks her daughter. Which made Frances eagerly nod her with a large smile.

The clock read 6PM.

The mother and daughter got out of their seats. Finished with their meals. Courtney informed Kurt.

"I'm giving Frances a bath!" Courtney says as she is holding her daughters hand. Taking her up the stairs.

"Okay!" Kurt responded before focusing himself on the phone call.

"I just –..." Kurt muttered but was cut off by Dave speaking, "I know you love Courtney a lot but, she's not treating you well at all. Especially with Frances.."

Which is true.

Kurt and Courtney have fought a lot in the home. Even almost relapsed in their bad addictive ways, but haven't thank goodness.

Kurt felt tears rise in his eyes as Dave continued to speak. "C'mon, Kurt. Think about this for a second...Frances can hear you and Courtney argue. I think it's time for a divorce."

His body froze once this was said. His cerulean blue eyes widen once he heard the word; divorce.

"Dave! I can't just.." Kurt felt his voice crack but was interrupted once again.

"Kurt, hon. C'mon, listen to me for a moment. Okay?" Dave says. His heart beginning to ache.

Kurt didn't reply. So, Dave just continued to talk. "I know this is very hard on you. But you have a child too, and I really think it's best if you divorce Courtney. Say what, if you need a place to stay - I'm right here. You can move in with Frances."

The blond cleared his throat as he shakily muttered into the phone. "That won't be a bother..?"

"What?! No!" Dave imediantly replied. "Besides, I went through a divorce myself and quite frankly I feel much better after leaving that toxicity behind. You'll feel better, too."

Kurt started to think about this. His eyebrows furrowed. Then he remembered what Frances told him.

He nodded his head, replying to Dave. "Actually, yeah. I'd rather like to live with you." Kurt turned his head, checking to see if Courtney or Frances was coming down. But not yet it seemed.

Continuing on the phone call he says. "Frances told me that Court tends to yell at her..a lot." Kurt admitted.

"Well, then that just proves my point. Are you willing to divorce her..?" Dave asks.

Kurt sighed. "I want too, but..i–" he tears up. His voice cracking. "..I love Courtney."

"But does Courtney love you?" Dave asks in reply.

Footsteps came down the stairs. "Daddy!?" Frances squealed happily. Kurt quickly blinked his tears away as he replied in the phone call.

"I gotta go. I have to get Frances ready for bed. I'll call you later." Kurt replied into the phone.

Dave sighed on the other end. "Oh, well okay.. I'll come visit tomorrow. If that's alright?"

"Yeah! That's okay. I'll see you tomorrow, Dave." Kurt answered back. Twirling the little phone's chord. Courtney heard this part, she narrowed her eyes.

Kurt hanged up the phone. Frances ran over and hopped into father's arms. Kurt held his daughter and jokingly twirled her. Making her giggle and squeal.

"Hi, Frances!" Kurt beamed as he held his five-year-old daughter in his arms. Frances started to giggle. "Hi, Daddy!" She replied.

Courtney leaned against the kitchen's door frame. Watching Frances with jealousy. Which is odd, a mother shouldn't be jealous over the child's love for the father.

"Frannie, come to mommy." Courtney said, giving the nickname in such a demandingly mood.

Frances refused. She shakes her head. Kissing her father's cheek. Kurt started to smile.

Courtney huffed, once again after witnessing this.