|Seven|

Courtney is packing her bags. Kurt just blankly watched. His eyes full of pain and heartbreak now.

His wife, is leaving him. The woman he thought he'd be with forever. Who he created a child with, is leaving.

"I'm going to win Frances." Courtney stated as she packed her last bag. Zipping it up tightly.

Kurt went wide eyed. "No, the fuck you aren't..! She's my baby! I'm gon' make sure I fucking win! You fucking wait, Courtney! YOU WAIT!"

He screamed as he watched his considered ex-wife now leave the bedroom.

Courtney screamed from the stairs. "Like that'll happen, Kurt!" She screamed in sarcasm. Before she left went into the kitchen to call the man she's been seeing.

Kurt didn't go downstairs. Rather, he heard a door being pushed open. Frances now standing in the hall with her stuffed animal in her hands.

His glossed eyes looked over, noticing Frances is standing there. He sighed as he ushered Frances into her bedroom.

"What are you doing up, honey..?" Kurt asks as he tucked Frances back into bed. Frances frowned as she asks. "You okay?"

Kurt held his tears back. He nodded. "Yes, Frances Bean. Daddy's okay. Now, what are you doing awake for..?"

Frances softly asks, avoiding the question. "Is mommy going away..?"
Kurt clenched his jaw as he hesitated.

"Yes, Bean.. Mommy's going away." Kurt replied. Tears rolling down his face as he laid onto his daughters bedside.

Frances crawled herself into Kurt's arms. Hugging her father as the two heard the front door open and close.

"Will I stay with you?" Frances asks. Kurt felt himself break down. He hiccuped a sob as he started to pet Frances's head.

"Yes, Bean..you aren't going anywhere. Daddy's gonna protect you. You'll be with me. Okay..? I promise." Kurt reassured his daughter.

But in the back of his head, he is very afraid of loosing her.
He continued to cry silently. Eyeing Frances with love as he held her close.

"Daddy..?" Frances whispered. Kurt sniffled as he hummed. "Hm..?"
Bean smiled as she kissed her father's tears stained cheek.

"I love you daddy." Frances reminded. Imediantly calming Kurt down. Kurt softly responded. "I love you, too."

From the exhaustion, Kurt fell asleep. His eyelids came to a close. Asleep in his daughters bed.

Frances noticed and giggled quietly. She carefully gets out of father's arms. Bringing the little blanket up, she covered her father with it.

"Goodnight, dad." Frances whispered, kissing Kurt's forehead. Before walking quietly to her door.

She opened it as sneaky as she could. Her little head looked over, noticing how tired her father really was.

It made her sad.

"I have to help him, feel better." Frances muttered as she quietly walked down the stairs.

Walking to the kitchen.

To the phone.