|Eight|

Frances saw a sticky note on the fridge. It said Dave's phone number on it.

Her small hand grabbed the sticky note. She then proceeded to walk herself to the phone.

"I hope daddy won't be mad for me doing this.." Bean mumbled as she lifted the landline phone up out of the cradle.

She slowly plunged the numbers into the dial tone. Making sure all the numbers are correct, she holds the phone to her ear.

Her tired eyes look up at clock. It said 9:32Pm. It rang for a few  before it answered.

"Hello?"Dave's voice spoke. Frances felt nervous. She shyly answered. "Hi, my name is Frances Bean."

Dave imediantly knew her voice. Since they've met several times in her very early childhood. But they haven't seen each other in a while, since Courtney didn't want Dave around her.

"Hi, Frances." Dave greeted. "So, why are you calling me? Is something the matter?" He asks.

Frances felt her eyes get glossy with tears. In her squeaky voice she replied. "Daddy is sad. Mommy is gone. She left. They fight a bit ago." She explained.

Dave on the other side of the phone imediantly went wide eyed. He kept his composure as he responded. "Will Daddy be okay if I come over?" He asks.

Frances sniffled as she responded. "Yes, I think so."

"Okay, sweetheart. I'll come over. You just sit tight with Daddy and I'll be over soon. Okay?" Dave replied, his heart ached and felt bad for the two.

"Otay, buh bye." Frances responded. "Bye, Bean." Dave responded back. The phone call came to an end.

Frances puts the phone back into it's spot. But heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Frances?" Kurt called as he entered the kitchen. Seeing his daughter beside the phone.

Furrowing his dirty blonde eyebrows, he scratched the back of his head as he felt confused.

"What are you doing?" Kurt asks, in such a depressive pained state.  Frances went over and hugged her dad.

Frances mumbled into her father's chest. "I called Papa for you." Kurt felt himself feel even more confused now.

"Papa?" Kurt croaked out as he rubbed Frances's back. Frances lifted her head. "Davey." She corrected. Even though Papa felt much better to say.

"Oh..? Why would you..?" Kurt asks as he lifted Frances up into his arms. "Well, whatever. I have to put you into bed. You need your sleep." He informed.

Frances yawned and rubbed her eyes. "But Daddy.." she tiredly squeaked out. Kurt shakes his head. "No, honeybee, you've been up way to long now. You need your rest."

Bean gave in. Her little head laid onto her father's shoulder. Kurt carried his daughter up the stairs.

Her eyelids have gotten sleepy. Very heavy and tired as they began to shut. They eventually closed.

Once reaching the top of the stairs. Kurt walks down the hallway. He quietly entered Frances's bedroom.

Entering it, he softly placed his daughter onto the bed. Tucking her in with her themed blanket set. He softly kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight, Frances. Daddy loves you." Kurt whispered as he exited the bedroom.

Leaving the door cracked as he goes downstairs.