|Thirteen|

Courtney and Kurt are doing  their part on the case. Occasionally bickering at each other which caused the Judge to be annoyed.

Kurt is plaintiff. Courtney is defendant.

Dave is sitting on the bench with Frances next to him. Listening to the two conversate.

Frances has a small notepad and a pencil in her small hands. Drawing little flowers and hearts.

Dave looked over and chuckled softly. He whispered into Bean's ear. "This is boring, huh sweetheart?"

Frances nodded. "Yes, papa." She whispered in reply.

"Oh Courtney, that's a lie!"Kurt exclaimed after hearing some of Courtney's excuse of a story.

His ex-wife turned her head, raising her voice a little as she replied. "You're the liar! Frances is probably miserable there!"

"Order!" The judge hollars. Making the ex-couple fall silent and look at the Judge.

"Have the child step forward." The Judge says.  Frances lifted her head. "Me?" She asks.

Kurt turned his head to look at Frances. He nodded his head to her. Dave smiled as he watched Frances stood up.

She walked herself to the little stand by the Judge. She takes a seat on the chair in front of it.

"What's your name?" Judge asks.
"Frances Cobain." Frances shyly says.

Kurt, Dave, and Courtney are now watching the child.

"Is this your mother?" Judge asks as she pointed towards Courtney. Frances replied. "Yes."

"Do you love your mother?"

"Yes." Frances replied.

"Do you love your father and his boyfriend, too?" Judge asks.

"Yes, alot more." Frances answered.

"Will you speak the truth and only the truth?" Judge asks.

"Yes." Frances says, nodding her head.

"Does your mother hurt you?" Judge asks.

Frances looked scared now to answer. Kurt reflected love and worry in his eyes as he watched his daughter.

Frances nods her head. "Yes." She answered, tears filling her eyes.

"Can you tell me anything else your mother does?" Judge asks.

Kurt's daughter holds her tears back as she says. "Mommy hurts daddy alot. They fight a lot. But Daddy is nice. He takes care of me. Papa Dave takes care of me too. He feeds me. Keeps me warm at night. Mommy hits daddy. I saw. Mommy also yells at me. Super loud. She's scary." Frances explained in a soft voice.

Courtney went wide mouth as she scoffed dramatically. "Your honor, my child has no say in this! She is making up lies to make Kurt look good!" She spat.

Frances suddenly shouted at her mom. "No mommy! You're a liar! Lie! Lie! Lie! Daddy never hurts me! You do!"

"Alright, alright kiddo." The judge spoke. "You can go sit down." She informed.

Frances did as told. She sped-walked herself over to where Dave is.

Taking a seat next to her Papa.