|Nine|

Kurt is downstairs. The TV flicked on and played quietly. It rained harshly outside in the Seattle area.

His depression is getting heavier. And heavier. And heavier. As the minutes went by.

His eyes lazily watched the screen. Not even interested on what is on. He moved his gaze away.

Shifting himself up, he grabbed the pack of cigarettes that he has on the coffee table.

Flicking the tiny lid, he picks up the lighter that was beside it. This pack belonged to Courtney, but she left it here.

Pulling out a cancerous stick, the man placed it in between his lips. He then proceeded to light it.

Tossing the package of cigarettes on the counter, he exhaled the smoke and leaned his head back on the couch.

"Fuck, I want to die." Kurt confessed to the air. Clicking his jaw around but got startled once he heard the front door knock.

Coughing out some smoke from the cigarette, he leans himself up. "Coming!" His voice rasped out as he coughed.

Having a small coughing fit. Kurt puts the lightened cigarette on the ashtray. Lightly having it dangle a bit out so the smoke can radiate up into the air.

Shoving himself up from his furniture, he walked himself to the front door. His slimmed hand grasped the door knob.

Turning it, he opened his front door with hesitance. The door is revealed open to show Dave.

Dave flashed a smile towards Kurt. "Heya.." he greeted. Kurt is confused. What is Dave doing here?

"Uh, hi. Come in." Kurt replied flatly. Moving aside so Dave can enter. "Thanks." Dave muttered as he entered the home.

The front door closes.

Dave and Kurt sit at the couch. Picking up the remote, Dave started to flip through the channels.

Kurt picks up his cigarette. He didn't speak. He just glued his cerulean eyes to the floor. A flat line is expressed on his lips.

His eyes, slightly glossed with the pain of tears. He flicked the ashes into the ash tray. But kept his head down.

His medium-length blond hair is slightly dangling over his face.

Dave knew something was wrong. Especially since what Frances has explained earlier on the phone call.

He switched the TV off.

"Kurt?" Dave called. Kurt kept his head facing down. "Hm." He hummed out, lifting the cigarette to his lips and taking a puff.

"Talk to me. What's been going on? I know I advised the divorce but I didn't know that she–" Dave was cut off by Kurt snapping.

"She cheated on me!" He exclaimed in anger, depression, and heartbreak.