|Ten|

"What?!" Dave is shocked. Kurt lifted his head. Rather, he wanted to stay calm about this so he doesn't wake his child again.

Kurt puts his cigarette out. He leaned back into the couch. His hands behind his head. His blue eyes staring at the ceiling of the home as he repeats.

"Courtney cheated on me. I knew this was going to happen. She told me once. In Rome of '94 when I.." Kurt paused. Slowly lifting his head and turning it to look at Dave.

Dave sighed. "When you attempted your overdosing.." he muttered. Remembering that day. But nothing scared him than April's attempt.

Thank goodness the cops were called by Dave before it turned to the worse. Ever since then, Kurt did his rehabilitation and therapies.

Now he is clean.

Dave shakes his head. Remembering those traumatic memories as he stared at Kurt with worry.

"How'd you find out she cheated..?" Dave hesitantly asks. Feeling his hands get clammy with sweat as he wiped them on his sweatpants that he didn't bother to change out of.

"Found a love letter in the drawer." Kurt glumly responded. "Now we're on the road of a divorce..I really want to keep Frances, I do. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to win this thing."

Dave placed a hand onto Kurt's shoulder. "Hey, don't down-talk yourself like that."

Kurt began to tear up. His emotions came flooding out. "I want to die, David! Maybe Courtney's right! Frances is much better without me."

He broke down into sobs. Covering his face as he leaned himself forward. Very slouched and close to his knees as he cried.

Dave began to rub Kurt's back. "Kurt! That isn't true at all. Look at me." He says in a comfortingly loving voice.

Kurt slowly moved his hands away. He lifted his head. He looks at Dave with his hands and lips trembling.

Tears seeping out of his tear ducts and rolled down his paler cheeks. Dave raised his hands.

He cupped the blond's face, brushing his thumbs against Kurt's cheeks. Dave wiped Kurt's tears away.

"Frances is so much better with you. I promise you that." Dave reassured. He leaned his face close.

"And you deserve so much love. You deserve someone much better than Courtney. She really didn't love you." Dave spoke out the truth.

Kurt sniffled. "I deserve love..?" He cried out. Dave nods his head. "Of course you do." He replied.

"Let me fix this."Dave says. Holding onto Kurt's hands.

They stared into each other's eyes.

Kurt mumbled out.

"How?"