|Three|

Kurt opened the child's bedroom door. Revealing Frances standing in front of it with tears rolling down her little face.

"Bean.." Kurt muttered as he entered the room. Scooping up his daughter and carrying her to the bed.

He sits down on the bed with his daughter in his arms. Frances whimpered out. "Mommy scares me.."

Imediantly Kurt felt pissed at his wife, and immense worry for his daughter. "What do you mean?" He asks.

Frances crawled herself onto her bed. Picking up a stuffed animal and holding it in her arms.

"When you gone," Frances paused. Her blue eyes filling with tears once again. Kurt noticed and wrapped an arm around his daughter. To help comfort her.

"..Mommy yells at me. When you gone." Frances says. By 'Gone' she means when her father is out performing  on tour.

"Like, all the time?" Kurt asks. Staring at his daughter with worry and concern.

Frances nods her head. "Yes."

"Why didn't you tell daddy sooner..?" Kurt asks. Feeling a pain hit his chest. His depression began crawling back to him.

"Because I didn't want you to worry." Frances replied. Kurt felt his heart break at those words.

"Bean." Kurt says as he stared into her eyes. Making eye contact with his daughter.

"You can tell me, anything. Okay?" Kurt says in a serious tone. Frances nods her head.

Kurt brought her into a hug. His eyes filling up with tears as he held his daughter close.

Frances noticed her father's tears. She pulled back from the hug. Lifting her tiny hand, she wiped her father's eyes.

"Dada, no crying.." Frances whispered. Kurt held his tears back now. He nodded his head. "I'm okay." He told his daughter.

"Promise?" Frances asks, holding her pinky finger up. Kurt started to smile. He hooked his larger pinky in with his daughter's.

"Yes, I promise." Kurt replied.

"Kurt! Frances! Dinner!" Courtney's voice shouted up the stairs. The two got off the bed.

"Now, Frances I'll talk with mommy about this when you're in bed. Okay?" Kurt informed his daughter as he opened the door.

She walked out of it and nodded her head. Before shouting back to her mom, "Coming!"

Kurt and Frances entered the kitchen. Courtney smiled as she served her husband and child a plate of the dinner for the evening.

"Here, my dolls." Courtney spoke. Frances mumbled, "Thank you."
Kurt didn't speak however.

Courtney kissed Kurt's head. Making Kurt began to smile again. Yet it quickly faded, his depression was getting worse.

The Cobain family ate in a comfortable silence in the dining room. Only sound of the clock ticking in their silverware scraping up the food can be heard.

Suddenly the landline phone chimed. Kurt abruptly sits up. Putting his silverware down.

"I'll go get that." Kurt spoke up. Kissing Courtney's cheek and patting Frances's shoulder before walking into the kitchen.

Answering the phone, Kurt holds it up to his ear. "Hello?" He croaked into it. His voice full of rasp and dread.

"Hey, Kurt? It's Dave. Do you have a minute?" Dave replied on the other end.

"Uh," Kurt cleared his throat as he glanced at Courtney. But she glared at her husband.

Rolling his blue eyes, he answered the complete opposite of what Courtney wanted.

"Yeah, I have a minute to chat." Kurt replied into the phone.