Chapter 7

*(A/N): Since I’m lazy I’m going to fast forward to the day before Christmas Eve, hope you enjoy!*

*HARRY’S POV*

I stared down at the small necklace in my hand; it’s thin, silver chain reflecting off the light. My thumb traced over the small heart pendant, the cold metal resembling my own heart. Empty and dead, showing the symbol of love but not receiving any.

I got to see Jesse almost every day this week; I tried to look happy when she would talk about how happy she was with Niall, but I had a hard time hiding the hurt in my heart. Every time I wake up in the morning, I know that I’ll just go another day knowing Jesse will never be mine, so why even bother getting up?

In an effort to get me out of the house, Louis, Liam, and Zayn took me with them to get Christmas presents. I had already gotten all the boys presents in the middle of December, but I had no idea what to get Jesse. I wanted to get her something special, something more special than anything Niall could get her.

I actually had lots of fun with the boys, it brought me out of my depressed mood and we acted like we always did. Messing around and doing the weirdest stuff that was sure to receive some strange looks from nearby shoppers.

It wasn’t until we were about to walk out, that I happened to look over at a nearby jewelry store. Displayed in the front was a beautiful silver necklace with a heart pendant on it. I stopped dead in my tracks; I could already picture it on Jesse, I had to get it for her.

My feet moved before my mind could process what I was doing, I heard the boys calling after me and asking why I had run off so suddenly. But I ignored them, going straight to the necklace that was calling my name and telling the store clerk that I wanted to buy it. It was a little pricy, but I had been saving up all the birthday money I had ever gotten, which added up to a large amount.

After I paid for it; I held it in my hands, smiling at its perfection. I was so excited to give it to Jesse, I couldn’t get home fast enough

*JESSE’S POV*

I was finally done wrapping all the presents, my fingers ached and I was getting sick of seeing Christmas wrapping paper everywhere. But hey, the presents were wrapped and the cookies I had made earlier were out of the oven. I was planning on stuffing my face to say the least.

I skipped down the stairs, the delicious aroma of gingerbread filling my senses and making my mouth water. I turned the corner, contemplating whether to have a glass of milk or eggnog with my cookies, only to jump back in surprise and fright, a scream escaping my mouth and causing my heart to race.

He snapped his head around, cookie crumbs dotting the sides of his mouth while holding three more cookies in his hand.

“Oh, hey babe! Didn’t mean to scare you.” Niall took a bite of half a cookie and looked at me with innocent eyes.

“Niall!” My hand went to my heart, my heartbeat still going fast “You can’t just break into my house and eat my cookies!” I shouted, not realizing the unintentional sexual innuendo. Slapping a hand over my mouth, I tried to take back what I said. “Wait! No I didn’t mean to…that didn’t come out the way…you know what I meant!”

Niall’s laugh rang throughout the house; he got out of his seat and walked over to me, a playful smirk on his face. “You’re so cute when you’re flustered.” His hand cupped my cheek as he smiled down at me, my cheeks turning a bright red color.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, my dimples popping out as I smiled. “You’re so cute, well, always.” I cooed back, feeling a bit silly for my cheesy comment. His smile widened and he leaned down, my lips connecting with his soft ones longingly. Even the brush of his lips against mine would make my knees go weak.