Chapter 29

*Song is Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift and ED SHEERAN (he's in caps because he's of greater significance)

Enjoy! xx

JESSE'S POV

I felt a soft hand lightly stroking my hair back away from my face and muffled voices in the background, they were familiar voices but I had no idea where I was. I slowly started to flutter my eyes open, but they were wet and sticky so I had to lift my hand up and wipe them before opening them fully, seeing the blurred figure of Eleanor sitting in front of me with a worried expression on her face.

"She's awake." Eleanor informed, twisting her head around to a figure in the background that quickly disappeared behind the door. I peered around my surroundings and noticed it as my bedroom, but the question of how I got there fluttered around my drowsy mind.

"El-" I tried to ask why I was laying down in my bed, but before I even finished my sentence the realization hit me like a train. The note from my dad. The tears. The memories. I remember. It all happened in such a blur, and I only recall everything before I passed out in Eleanor's arms, but I can still remember the handwriting on that little envelope.

"Are you feeling alright, love?" Eleanor cooed with a soft expression etched on her face. "I'm fine, just a little shaken up s'all. Where's Julia?" I asked and sat up in my bed groggily. "She's probably phoning Harry at the moment. Do you remember what happened?" Eleanor's voice was soft and honey-like as she spoke to me.

"Wait, Harry? Can I speak to him? I need to talk to him about this, he's the only one who can understand right now." I blurted out, the sound of Harry's name making my heart jump. He understands my situation, Eleanor and Julia don't, and he's the only one I can talk to.

Eleanor nodded her head understandingly, getting up and exiting into the hall before returning shortly with both Julia and Ann. Ann quickly rushed to my side, cupping my cheek with her hand and offering me a glass of water, sputtering several questions on how I was feeling. I gestured toward Julia as she talked on the phone to I could only guess was Harry, offering me her mobile as I pressed it up against my ear.

"We'll give you some privacy." Ann spoke, beckoning the two other girls out and leaving me alone to speak to my curly-haired boyfriend.

"Jesse?" Harry's voice slipped through the phone, a worried tone mixed in with his slow, deep demeanor. "Jess, what happened?! Julia called me and said she and Eleanor walked in on you crying and you passed out? Did someone do this to you?! Are you okay? The lads and I are worried sick!" I couldn't help but crack a smile at how worried Harry (and the others) was, I had never heard him speak so quickly and it only made me realize how much he really cared for me. Because we all know how slow our little Hazza speaks.

"I'm okay, Harry." I assured, hearing a relieved sigh come from the other line. "It's just that I...got a letter in the mail today..." my voice trailed off as I recalled the event that happened not even an hour ago, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to spill out with each word I spoke.

"What do you mean, love?" says Harry.

"It was a letter...f-from my dad, Harry. He's trying t-to contact me." I said in a timid voice, my fingers fumbling with the paper plane pendant that never left my neck. There was only silence coming from Harry, heavy breaths being the only audible sound I could make out. I could tell he was getting angry, I knew he would the second I held that envelope in my hand. Even the mention of my father always made him tense up and grit his teeth, knuckles becoming white.

"Harry?" I made sure he was still there, chewing on my lip as I pictured him pacing back and forth in his X Factor dorm.

"Who gave him the fucking right to send you a letter you after all the shit he's done to you? He's locked behind bars away from you for a motherfucking reason!" shouted Harry, his anger becoming more and more evident as he mumbled a string of profanities to himself.