Chapter 26

*Song for this chapter is Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder :) Enjoy x*

JESSE’S POV

“Jess, I’m nervous.”

“You shouldn’t be.”

“What if I mess up?”

“You won’t.”

“But what if I’m not good enough? All the other lads did amazing, what if I don’t do as well as them?”

“Harry, you’re psyching yourself out. I know you’ll do just as amazing as the others, because I’ve heard you enough to know that everyone will love it.”

“But-“

“Harry. You’ll be fine. Go out there and show those judges what you can bring to the table!”

I smiled and leaned up to peck Harry on the lips before he nervously made his way onto the stage. I hurried over to the rest of the group as they watched Harry on the screen, Gemma –who had driven down here from Bristol to support Harry with her boyfriend, Drew- and Anne were especially anxious to watch Harry perform. They couldn’t sit closer to the screen that displayed Harry on the stage, so it was a little hard for the boys, their mums, and I to get a good view ourselves.

We’d been here since the morning, and I long lost count of how many hours we’d been here for, only leaving the X Factor building to go eat lunch before coming right back. All the boys except Harry already gone and, thankfully, done wonderful and made it through by the judges’ consent. Harry was the last to go, and the most nervous and jittery out of all of them. Which only made me more anxious.

In front of Harry were the judges’; Simon, Nicole, and Louis. The crowd went wild as soon as he stepped on stage, especially some rather girlish screams. But I couldn’t blame them, Harry was obviously very fit and I would definitely cheer if a fine young lad strolled onto the stage like he had.

“Nice to meet you, what’s your name?” Simon asked Harry in a very intimidating manner, the one that made him famous.

“I’m Harry Styles.” The girls in the crowd went crazy just by his name, and I’m going to be honest and say that it made me a bit jealous. But then I reminded myself that I was the lucky girl who got to say that I was his girlfriend.

“How old are you, Harry?”

“I just turned eighteen a couple weeks ago.”

Again, more screams and cheers.

“Isn’t that exciting! What do you do then?” Nicole piped in a seemingly nicer tone than Simon’s.

“Erm, well I’m finishing up school right now and am going to uni in the fall to study law, sociology, business, and something else but I’m not sure yet.” His deep, husky voice rang throughout the large room as Harry was having a rather casual conversation with the judges’. It just made me more anxious about his performance, even though I knew he would do fine.

“Well then, what will you be singing for us today, Harry?”

“I’ll do Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder.”

My body tensed up as Simon signaled for Harry to begin and he raised the microphone to his lips, beginning the song that decided his fate. My mind was racing and I was tense and excited all in one, my nerves were on overdrive. The only thing that could both calm them down and make them triple at the same time was Harry’s beautifully angelic voice.

 I listened closely and intuitively as Harry’s voice spilled into the microphone and filled the now quiet room.

“Isn’t she lovely