Chapter 27

*Song is Haunt by Bastille. Enjoy xx*

JESSE’S POV

I’m giving up

 It's all eyes on me

 Call it out like a family

 Stood up back time get it right

 Until the rubber leaves the road

 You said don’t I so I made the truth

 Seem like a lie to even you

 Control your fears slip

 That you do not know where you go to

 So don’t you worry

 You will be my resolution

 Characters of no illusion

 You will be my resolution

I bobbed my head up and down to the beat of Matt Corbie’s Resolution. Harry had shown it to me days ago and I really took a liking to it, in fact I’d had it on replay non-stop for the past couple of days and already knew all the words to it. It really relaxed me and seemed a bit hipster, so I felt pretty cool listening to its soft beat.

As I rested my head back on Harry’s sleeping chest, ear buds in and eyes closed, my mind went to the only thing I’ve been trying to forget about this whole week.

Harry, Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Louis were all leaving tomorrow.

Of course I was excited for them; they worked so hard for this and deserved to go to The X Factor every bit. But I just wish I could go with them and not leave the five people I loved most in the world, and thinking about having to do that nearly brought tears to my eyes. Harry was already packed up to go first thing tomorrow morning and had laid down to take a nap while I was in my room. I had walked by as I listened to my music and saw Harry cuddled up on his bed, a peaceful expression resting on his features that brought a smile upon my face.

To think that I wouldn’t be able to see him like that for a long time broke my heart, and I couldn’t help but quietly step in and lie down with him, his arms unknowingly clutching me and pulling me to his body. I was going to miss that the most. The way his strong arms wrapped around my torso when I would sneak in his room at night every once in a while, how his sculpted body would press against my back, giving me warmth and security that no one else could make possible.

How would I even be able to make it through without Harry? I loved him unconditionally and endlessly, and he loved me too. That’s what reassured me every night that everything would be okay. I would have someone who loved me to wake up to, and I wouldn’t be alone.

Oh hell, how would I make it through without all of the boys’? They were like brothers to me, and have been there through all the hard times by my side. My mother’s death, my father’s abuse toward me, him going to jail. They were there through it all, and gave me all the support and love I could have asked for.

They would be leaving to start their lives soon, and mine would slowly start to fall apart with their absence.

***

“Please don’t leave…” I whispered, clutching Harry close to my body as my tear-stained cheeks pressed against his chest. He leant down and kissed my forehead, his big hands soothingly running up and down my back.

“I wish I could stay and be with you, Jess. But this is a great opportunity for us and you know that.”

He was incredibly right. I hated when he was right.