Chapter 20

*Song for this chapter is Bed by J Holiday ;)

CAUTION: MOTHERFUCKING SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT STOP READING IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE PERVERTED DIRECTIONER MIND

Enjoy! xx*

LIAM'S POV

"Hah! Won AGAIN! In your face Horan, I'm unbeatable!" I cheered, throwing my arms up in the air in celebration and pumping my fist. Niall's face was priceless; I had never beaten him in FIFA three times in a row, but today was an exception, and Niall wasn't taking it well.

"There's no need to be cocky, Payne. You don't need to fucking rub it in my face."

He spat rather harshly which caught me off guard, causing me to drop my arms down and silence my cheers. He was always a good sport when he lost something, so his reaction left me quite stunned to say the least. But by the looks of him mumbling to himself while his head was in his hands, it was obvious he was upset over something more than just a game.

"Niall, what's up mate?" I asked, resting my hand on his shoulder and coaxing him to look up at me.

I always tried to be the father of the boys, at least one of us needed to be mature and sensible and that came naturally to me. It got us out of a lot of crazy stuff, so I was doing a pretty nice job so far.

"It's Jesse..." Niall answered moments later, running a frustrated hand through his hair.

My thoughts immediately went back to earlier today when I caught Harry and Jesse snogging, and then when Harry had to explain the whole situation to me in History. I was still pretty shocked since it happened so fast, it was obviously a lot of new information to take in at one time, but I felt a wave of adrenaline rush through me at the fact that I knew such confidential information. It would be hard to keep this secret from Niall, or any of the boys really. Would I even be able to?

"What are you talking about?" I asked, swallowing the lump forming in my throat. Niall had a painful look in his eye, something I never saw since he was always so happy-go-lucky

"She's been acting so distant lately; I-I don't think she even wants to be with me anymore." His voice was just above a whisper, and the look of hurt on his face made me feel terrible. I swear he was close to tears.

"Oh c'mon mate, don't be silly. What would give you that idea?" I made myself sound as believable as I could, acting like what he was saying was completely ridiculous and unlikely. Even though it wasn't.

"I don't know...she's just been so different. I don't know if it's because of her dad or just all the change going on in her life, but something's going on. Like today for example, I joked about her breaking up with me obviously thinking that she would deny it, but instead she kind of laughed and had this weird look on her face. I wasn't expecting that reaction honestly, and it's bothering me since. I really, really like her, Liam. But I don't know if she even wants to date me anymore."

What he said broke my heart, and at the end his voice cracked and his eyes started watering. I didn't know Niall fancied her that much to the point where he would cry, but I should've expected it from such a sensitive lad. Especially since it was his first real heartbreak, all the other girls he dated weren't like Jesse at all, just attention-seekers who probably just got with Niall because he's Irish.

I felt so guilty and responsible for his sadness, I wish I could just tell him about Harry and Jesse to make myself look like the good guy who didn't keep the secret. But I had also made a promise to Harry, and I know that if I were in his position I wouldn't want Niall to know about this either.