Chapter 18

OOPS IT’S NOT SUNDAY I’M SUCH A DAREDEVIL. Actually it means I have no life and have nothing better to do than sit on my computer and write a chapter.

*Song for this chapter is Irreplaceable by Beyoncé because she’s perfect and runs the world.

BTW IT’S MY SISTER AVERY’S 16TH BIRTHDAY SO I JUST WANNA DEDICATE THIS TO HER K LOVE YOU SISSY

Scent for this chapter is Nutella. Thought I’d try something new and give this chapter a special aroma. I’m not weird what are you talking about I’m completely normal.

Just read the chapter.*

*HARRY’S POV*

“Are you sure you’ll be alright?” I asked Jesse for the hundredth time, opening the door and entering the room. My mum gave me an unsure look, as if asking if this was a good idea.

“Yes, Harry. I’ll be fine.” She responded firmly, but I could see the nervousness in her eyes wavering, it was like she’d seen a ghost. We sat down in one of the booth-like seats, right in front of the judge and next to the jury.

I knew this was all too much to take in for Jesse, she had learned only yesterday that her dad’s court hearing was today. I remember the way her eyes widened as she read the letter, not being able to speak as tears ran down her face. It made me sick, she didn’t deserve to go through this again and I certainly didn’t want to watch her get hurt anymore.

We waited a little over ten minutes, the only sound being the chatter of businesspeople and papers being arranged by the lawyers standing in front of us. I tried to console Jesse, telling her that we didn’t have to do this and we could just head home. She denied every request, saying how she needed to stay strong and not run away from her problems. I respected her courage and perseverance, so I stayed silent and held her hand for support.

The room quieted down as the door in the front of the room opened, two stern-looking policeman entered with a man between them. Jessie’s father.

I looked over at Jess; her face was pale and her blue eyes were wide. Her lips were in a thin line as she followed the movement of her father making his way to his seat, he was dressed in the typical orange jail suit.

Suddenly another door opened in the back, I turned my head to see all four of the boys walk in, looking around to find us and trying to stay quiet to not cause any commotion. I beckoned them to come over to where we were sitting as Jessie looked up to see who it was, her eyes watery.

“Sorry it took so long, we couldn’t find the bloody place!” Louis whispered as they all settled into the booth behind us. Niall leaned closer to me and looked at Jesse with a worried gaze. “How she doing?” I looked at him and frowned, shaking my head. “She’s hanging in there, but I don’t know how long it will last.” He nodded his head sadly.

I was surprised at Niall’s maturity; I thought he was still mad at me for what he saw with me and Jesse. But then again, this wasn’t really the place to get angry with one another; we needed to be here for Jesse. She couldn’t do this alone.

The judge pounded her gavel against the block, gaining the attention of the room in seconds. She began to announce the case, talking about all the things Jessie’s dad was being convicted for off a piece of paper. I could hear soft sniffles coming from Jesse as the judge named off all the abuse crimes; I wrapped my arms around her small frame and rubbed her back, trying my best to calm her down.

I looked up at Jessie’s dad for the first time since that night, narrowing my eyes at him in hate and anger. He looked at Jesse, then to me, a sorrowful look on his face as he mouthed ‘Sorry’. Tears brimmed his eyes and he truly looked heartbroken, but I was too pissed off to notice his sadness. He doesn’t deserve Jesse. He doesn’t even know how to love someone.